Best Blades?

Threads
I have a 60" dixie chopper that currently has a wore out set of gator blades on it. I am wanting to know what should I replace them with? Would it be better to have a blade that causes more lift for better discharge or...? Thanks in advance for any advice. I just mow mine and my familys yard with it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I run high lift blades this time of year then run the gator blades when the leaves start to fall.

On my mower I use to cut my own yard I run gator blades all the time and side discharge

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
So it really doesn't matter which blade I use?

If the gator blades have been working good for you then stay with them. If you want less mulching and more side discharge then go with high lift.

If you cutting tall thick grass and the deck is getting clogged with grass them go with a high lift.

High lift blades will not last as long as the gator blades

High lift will leave less clumps of grass.

If your not letting the grass get to high then I would stay with the gator blades

wvpops

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the gator blades have been working good for you then stay with them. If you want less mulching and more side discharge then go with high lift.

If you cutting tall thick grass and the deck is getting clogged with grass them go with a high lift.

High lift blades will not last as long as the gator blades

High lift will leave less clumps of grass.

If your not letting the grass get to high then I would stay with the gator blades

:thumbsup: