Repairs belt adjuste. wheel assemblyr

sooneric

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Honda hrr 216 sda, my son borrowed it for the summer. When I got it back it will barely turn the back wheels when mowing. He said he took the back wheels off and disassembled it. I need to recheck all this , what would i look for ? I really need to fix this. Thanks in advanced.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Honda hrr 216 sda, my son borrowed it for the summer. When I got it back it will barely turn the back wheels when mowing. He said he took the back wheels off and disassembled it. I need to recheck all this , what would i look for ? I really need to fix this. Thanks in advanced.

Missing parts... there are a bagillion parts inside the wheel area lots of washers and pieces and stuffs find a parts chart and double check his reassembly

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

ON the back of the mower deck is a serial number; share that with me, and I'll post some pages to the shop manual to help you troubleshoot the problem.

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

sooneric

Forum Newbie
Threads
ON the back of the mower deck is a serial number; share that with me, and I'll post some pages to the shop manual to help you troubleshoot the problem.

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg
This is the model number HRR2162 SDA and the serial number MZCG 6756704 Thanks in advance for your help.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
So even with new carb, same issues surging?

Confirm you got the correct carb, 16100-Z0L-023 ($15.08)
Confirm all linkage, choke, throttle and governor are correct.
Use a tach and confirm engine speed 2,950-3,100 rpm
Never re-use carb gaskets; old ones can have tiny vacuum leaks.
Be sure gaskets are installed correctly, both in location and orientation
Confirm two long bolts holding air cleaner / carburetor are nice and tight; easy to have a vacuum leak if not
Check fuel tank and fuel link for slime/debris
Fresh gasoline of 86 octane
Air filter new or cleaned
Correct spark plug and gap? BPR6ES (NGK)

These pages should help...

hrtcarbpartsdrawing_zps03025871.jpg

hrtgovernorrampr_zps008d5e2e.jpg

hrtcarbrampr_zps539d92b5.jpg

sooneric

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is the model number HRR2162 SDA and the serial number MZCG 6756704 Thanks in advance for your help.

Would you happen to have a diagram of the rear wheel assembly for my mower? I cant find one on th e internet. I hope I can find which way the gear goes and all the parts.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Would you happen to have a diagram of the rear wheel assembly for my mower? I cant find one on th e internet. I hope I can find which way the gear goes and all the parts.

hrrrearwheel_zps18ad5fc2.jpg

sooneric

Forum Newbie
Threads

I want to thank you for this information, I have the mower up and running. Without this diagram I would had to put it in the repair shop. One more question is there an adjustment on the 10 mm bolt for the belt adjustment? He said he turned the bolt both ways alot of turns. I cant tell if it is doing anything when I turn it. Thanks again

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I want to thank you for this information, I have the mower up and running. Without this diagram I would had to put it in the repair shop. One more question is there an adjustment on the 10 mm bolt for the belt adjustment? He said he turned the bolt both ways alot of turns. I cant tell if it is doing anything when I turn it. Thanks again

Are you talking about the long 10mm bolt/spring? That should be tightened all they way. You need a wrench/socket on both the bolt and nut ends, and be sure to get the parts back in the right order:

hrr10mmbolt_zps97de77dd.jpg

hrrinstall_zps2ef043d9.jpg