Attachments Battery Maintenance over Winter

alanross

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone have any advice for storing my battery for my Dixie Magnum over the winter months? Should I use a trickle charger or should I just take it out and put it in my basement on a piece of wood?

Thanks!

Al

Threads
Anyone have any advice for storing my battery for my Dixie Magnum over the winter months? Should I use a trickle charger or should I just take it out and put it in my basement on a piece of wood?

Thanks!

Al

Welcome to the Forum!..Al.. Thats a good question I usually roll my mowers out, and start them about once a month during the winter because I havent found a good way to maintain them during the off season. I have seen alot of people talk about trickle chargers but I have never tried one.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
What I read is to charge the battery once a month so the battery doesnt become discharged from sitting not being used.

alanross

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to the Forum!..Al.. Thats a good question I usually roll my mowers out, and start them about once a month during the winter because I havent found a good way to maintain them during the off season. I have seen alot of people talk about trickle chargers but I have never tried one.

Thanks for the reply. That is a good idea. Where abouts are you located? How cold do your winters get?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've always used the cheap harbor freight trickle charger with great results. I however still start everything once every couple weeks because I don't like anything sitting for to long gas or oil or seals trickle charger gives you some piece of mind that your battery isn't going to crap out on you because I hate replacing them

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just start the mower every few weeks.
You want to run it for 10 mins or more. It is not good to start a engine and not let it get up to temp before shutting it off.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
On a piece of wood??? You must be listening to a few grandpas!!!!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
On a piece of wood??? You must be listening to a few grandpas!!!!

Well if you set it on wood instead of concrete it'll keep it a few degrees warmer