Battery and belt info needed by a newbie please mtd 548

Richie

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Battery and belt info needed by a newbie please mtd 548
Hi there, I have a mtd 548, the number on it is 139-658c611/j249h can anybody tell me which battery I need as it has no battery, also any idea of the age?
when i got the mower a few days ago the belt from the speed pulley to the gearbox kept coming off, it seemed too long as the small pulley was almost touching the axle one, so I found a belt in my shed that fit to try the mower but this one is too tight and the mower now will not stop! does anyone know the correct length and part number for the belt that goes onto the gearbox please, thank you

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I tried looking up the model number that you gave, but it doesn't show as a valid model number. The c in the model number may be a G, I found a 139-658-xxx which could be the same mower.

Richie

Forum Newbie
Threads
oh ok, but surely the batteries will be all the same in a 548? I just need to know what type i need, and any idea of the age?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
oh ok, but surely the batteries will be all the same in a 548? I just need to know what type i need, and any idea of the age?

Go to MTDPARTS.COM.
You can do a model search and pull up all your parts.

As far as a battery the only thing you need to look at is what side is the + and - are on.
Go to walmart and get a mower battery

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Richie

Forum Newbie
Threads
we don't have wall mart in the uk :-(

thanks