Bad vibration

jdprange

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was gifted an older Honda HR215 push mower. It had been sitting in a shed for a few years. I cleaned it up, Installed a new carburetor, flushed the fuel tank, changed the oil and put a new set of blades on it. It started with one pull. However, it has a nasty vibration. When I engage the blades the vibration disappears and it runs great. What do I look for to fix the vibration? Thanks!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you use OEM HONDA carburetor & blades? Post complete model & serial numbers, thanks Mark

jdprange

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you use OEM HONDA carburetor & blades? Post complete model & serial numbers, thanks Mark
I did use OEM blades & carburetor. The only markings I can find are HR 215 on the engine cover, SX on the front of the cast aluminum deck and a stamped plate with 215 SJ on the back of the deck. Since the engine runs great I suspect a bad blade clutch bearing. As I said before, once the blade is engaged the mower works great.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would disassemble clutch brake assy. in orderly fashion inspect all parts for wear & replace as necessary. I purchased same model in 1990 & replaced both bearings, clutch disc & it's still running strong.

Last edited: