Export thread

Backpack Trimmer

Ric

Ric

I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen a back pack trimmer before??

A_tank96

A_tank96

Never heard of one before, but here is a website that has some.

Solo SKM 141 backpack trimmer Brushcutters

MC3021BK-SB

They do weigh quite a bit more than regular trimmers, but I wonder how long you would be able to run them before you fall over from exaustion. :eek:

Ric

Ric

Never heard of one before, but here is a website that has some.

Solo SKM 141 backpack trimmer Brushcutters

MC3021BK-SB

They do weigh quite a bit more than regular trimmers, but I wonder how long you would be able to run them before you fall over from exaustion. :eek:

I just did a little search and found a Stihl Backpack Trimmer
th.jpg

jekjr

jekjr

I just did a little search and found a Stihl Backpack Trimmer
View attachment 11264

Interesting. Wonder what they Stihl one costs?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Wow! I never heard of a backback TRIMMER before! Would it be any easier for you to handle than a regular trimmer? What's the purpose?

metz12

metz12

Wow! I never heard of a backback TRIMMER before! Would it be any easier for you to handle than a regular trimmer? What's the purpose?

bigger engine probably. can probably double as a chainsaw if you put a trimmer blade on it:laughing::laughing:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

can probably double as a chainsaw if you put a trimmer blade on it:laughing::laughing:
LOL 2.gif :laughing::laughing:

bigger engine probably.

Yeah, that's true. But it just looks so awkward. It sticks out so far behind you, unlike a backpack blower.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

View attachment 11266 :laughing::laughing:

Yeah, that's true. But it just looks so awkward. It sticks out so far behind you, unlike a backpack blower.

I am thinking the weight would have to even or it would be to heavy on the trimmer end

Parkmower

Parkmower

That just looks like a pain.

Ric

Ric

That just looks like a pain.

I think that's why they never made it real big cause there more of a pain than what there worth. I asked the question because I never seen anyone using one.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I think that's why they never made it real big cause there more of a pain than what there worth. I asked the question because I never seen anyone using one.

Yeah, neither have I! :rolleyes:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Apparently Echo made one, too!
http://www.echo-tools.co.uk/index.php?id=334
backpack trimmer.jpg

P

possum

Have seen them over the years used by State road crews, fire department, drug enforcement, fence building crews, city crews, tree trimmers, REA crews. I have never hefted one.

O

omega765

I bought one a year ago from Canada because they are not sold in the continental U.S.. They are made for slopes, ditches, fence line. I love this trimmer. It looks heavy but the weight is centered on your back. The only weight on your arms is the shaft and trimmer head. I can cut more, faster, safer on a steep slipery slope than with a conventional trimmer. These backpack trimmers are used extensively in Europe, Asia and Australia.

M

Micko

Tanaka have a couple. I use one (40cc) on a regular basis. They are between a full blown brush cutter and a trimmer. If you trim steep slopes, large area trimming ie acreages, fence lines etc, they are great and a big time saver due to the power.
Not good for doing a lot of vertical edging and pointless on small properties!

Must of been writing this as omega posted. I'll support what he's saying 100%

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Interesting. I just want one to add to my STIHL familly.

Carscw

Carscw

Did not know about this.

My wife said the other day they need to make a backpack trimmer.
I was like yup whatever.

Looks like we are getting one.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

They are about 750 Euro, so atleast 1 grand.

M

Micko

Did not know about this.

My wife said the other day they need to make a backpack trimmer.
I was like yup whatever.

Looks like we are getting one.

I would look at the most powerful one you can get your hands on. Tanaka for example have a 40cc and 46.5cc. I have the 40 but wish I had the 46 at times. Can do heavier brush cutting with more power and only weighs a fraction more.