Export thread

B8200 HSD face lift an tummy tuck

dusty-t

dusty-t

I wil be working on my B8200 to get it ready for snow. I will try and post pics.:biggrin: Dusty

K

KennyV

I am hoping for at least a month maybe 2 before I remove my mower deck and mount the snow blower... but I'm a lot farther south then you... :smile:KennyV

dusty-t

dusty-t

Hi Kenny. I am just hoping for two weeks. We had frost this morning and yesterday. I am slow as mollasses in january, but will be humpen to get er done.:eek: Dusty

M

Manny

You had frost already way up there in Canada? Well, you better get to it, then! It could be an early winter..... Better be safe than sorry!

K

KennyV

I discovered several years ago, if I mount my snowblower on my ZTR before I need it ... I usually do not need it all winter... but if I fail to have it on, I am usually working in snow drifts before I can get it mounted... :biggrin:
:smile:KennyV

dusty-t

dusty-t

Boy ain't that the truth.:eek: Dusty

dusty-t

dusty-t

Well I finally got started. I knew the tractor was in rough shape. That is the only way I buy them. But I have had tis tractor for almost two years. It has never let me down. Leaks oil leaks hydo fluid. I just make sure everything stays full. The clutch is frozen ( rusted to the pressure plate ). Hood and fenders are messed up or rusted or both. Wow. Well it should be fun.:biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

K

KennyV

Like your project ... and looks like you have a nice cozy work shop... BUT keep everyone updated on progress & future pictures... :smile:KennyV

dusty-t

dusty-t

I removed the fenders , hood and side panels and washed it as well as I could. Transmission was smashed in at some time and it looks like they tried to fix it with bondo. It leaks a little bit but the big offender is the mid pto seal. Trip to Kubota tommorow.:biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

K

KennyV

Castings/covers are sometimes easily broke... Looks like you are well into a GREAT restoration build... You will have a great little tractor in the end... Keep the pictures coming. :smile:KennyV

dusty-t

dusty-t

Waiting for parts so I am modifying the loader mounts. The loader came off of a B7200 which is one size smaller. The wheels would not turn very short. We will see what we can do with it.:biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

dusty-t

dusty-t

I finished one side of the loader mount I will start the other tonight.:biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

K

KennyV

Nice trimming ...
What do you weld with??
That will look great when finished... :smile:KennyV

dusty-t

dusty-t

I use an arc welder. I am not comfy with a mig. My timing sucks snowed lastnight.:eek: Dusty

Attachments

lizard

lizard

Do not know about a tummy tuck........just heart ache to keep these machines running without getting your hands dirty!:frown:

dusty-t

dusty-t

Getting your hands dirty is half the fun. The tractor is 25 yrs old and has not been treated well. Now that I have it it is getting a treat. One rear fender is in rough shape, its going to take a bit of work to make it sturdy again.:biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

dusty-t

dusty-t

Did some work on tthe fender. Nasty. This tractor has to be done fairly quickly or it is going to be snowing while I am trying to put the cab on it. So it won't be that pretty but it will be strong.:biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

K

KennyV

Did some work on tthe fender. Nasty. This tractor has to be done fairly quickly or it is going to be snowing while I am trying to put the cab on it. So it won't be that pretty but it will be strong.:biggrin: Dusty

Out with the bad and on with the good...
It will look great after you get some paint on it and the snow is flying...
Looking good...:thumbsup:

lizard

lizard

Lookin better all the time Dusty......just use a grey primer undercoat from a spray can.....should get you out of touble!:eek:

dusty-t

dusty-t

Fender is done. The welding is anyway. I primed the fender and started on the hood. :biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

K

KennyV

coming right along :thumbsup:
This will be a great restoration:wink:

dusty-t

dusty-t

Restoration did you say restoration.:laughing: There is no way that my bumbling attempts on this tractor can resonably be called a restoration. But I do thank you for the kind comment Kenny. :biggrin:I finished the hood and painted it. Oooooooy, a body man I am not. Orange it is.:smile: Dusty

Attachments

dusty-t

dusty-t

I got some more done.

Attachments

dusty-t

dusty-t

Tin work is done other than making a new grill and painting the dash. These will get done if I get time. Tomorrow I will clean up and pull the tractor in and pull the plugs on the trani and rear dif and let them drain while I look at the valves and a couple of other things. :biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

K

KennyV

It's gettin' pretty Orange in there...:thumbsup:
Are you going to put new decals on it?... :smile:KennyV

dusty-t

dusty-t

I haven't made my mind up yet Kenny. Not on my priority list yet. The rain we are getting tonight could be snow tomorrow. Anyway I did some cleaning and put the Kubota in the shop. Drained the tranni fluid. It had dextron in it. Almost 5 gallons of it. Wasn't expecting that much. Had to change pans in a hurry. Changed hydraulic filter and pulled the screen. The screen had a wee bit of metal on it but not much The diff lock rod was rubbing against the steel hydro line and wore a groove in it. Not happy about that. And then my stool broke.:thumbdown::biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

dusty-t

dusty-t

OK I re and re d the mid pto with a new seal. Next I am going to tackle the leak in the trani housing. Sorry no pics tonight.:biggrin: Dusty

K

KennyV

Moving right on... Did you weld up your stool???
Did the PTO shaft seal repair have any particular problems?

I

Ifixdit

I'd put a nice coat of Kubota orange on that stool and call it done. Love the pics of the tractor. Kubota's are awesome machines. Please keep the pics coming.

dusty-t

dusty-t

Hi Guys, No real problems with the mid pto, but I did not get gaskets. So I used Permatex gasket maker. I hope it works ok. I cleaned off the patch on the trani with a wire brush then cleaned it of with acetone. Then I used a brush and covered it with fibreglass resin. Then I drained the cooling system and replaced a drain hose between the rad and the block. These are great little tractors and easy to work on. I haven't fixed the stool yet but I will. Some pics

Attachments

K

KennyV

I used Permatex gasket maker. I hope it works ok.
I cleaned off the patch on the trani with a wire brush then cleaned it of with acetone. Then I used a brush and covered it with fibreglass resin.

Form a gasket stuff is great... better than the OEM gaskets in most cases..
Your patch repair should hold up well, coat of paint on it and it will resist UV and last forever... :thumbsup:
Those OEM hoses with the cloth braid on the outside do end up looking ratty, they do last a long time...

lizard

lizard

Spray some 'Clear Coat' for the final coat, check your bolts and nuts after running for a day and retension as well as checking for any oil leaks.:confused2::eek:

dusty-t

dusty-t

Thanks for the replies Guys. I had a pretty good day. This morning I put another coat of resin on the trani and put a light on it ro help it dry. Filled the engine with coolant -40. Change the engine oil and filter. Put a bunch of udt in the trani but need a bit more to bring it up to level. Removed the battery and battery tray and painted the tray. Had supper. Went backout and installed the battery tray and battery , cleaned the ground and put a fancy new terminal on the positive connection. Then put the back wheels on the tractor. No leaks yet. I would have had enough udt but I used 1/2 gal on the Steiner yesterday. So in the morning I will pick up another gallon and top up the kubota and take it for a test run. Providing nothing has leaked overnight. I have my fingers and toes crossed.:biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

K

KennyV

Looks great ... are you using the new Kubota paint or the older Kubota color? KennyV

I

Ifixdit

She's coming along nicely. That's a good looking rear tire on there. Sure hope she runs as good as she looks!

dusty-t

dusty-t

Hi Guys. Plasticoat T-31 is a pretty close match for the new orange. No trani leaks. Pulled the plug under the bell housing and all that was on it was a bit of moisture. Engine oil pressure sending unit was leaking. Replaced it. One less leak. Exhaust manifold was leaking oil at rear cylinder. Ok maybe not oil maybe fuel soot mix. New gaskets and another leak gone. That may be the last one. My son came over and we checked the valve clearance. One was a bit tight and the rest were right on. Before he left he helped me remove the loader from the tractor. I pushed the tractor outside the shop. So a can of gas a paint brush got rid of whatever grease was on it. Let it dry, blew it off, then a wire brush on the dye grinder and away I went. Took about two hrs to go over it with the wire brush. This was a real quikie and that was what it was . Three cans of tremclad black and it was done. Any way here are some pics.

Attachments

I

Ifixdit

Wow! That black paint really sets her off nice. Now you need some snow accumulation to put her to work. Great work!!

dusty-t

dusty-t

Pictures lie. No snow yet please. I still have to build a grill for it. I am in the middle of making tailight brackets for it. Then I have to install the cab, and freshen up the blower. And I would like to partially box the front blade. If I have time. Maybe I will have some pics of the taillights tomorrow.:biggrin: Dusty

dusty-t

dusty-t

Tail lights are finally done. Now on to the front grill. Couple a pics. :biggrin: Dusty

dusty-t

dusty-t

Forgot the pics:ashamed::ashamed: Dusty

Attachments

dusty-t

dusty-t

Did a bit of work on the grill today. Some pics.:biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

dusty-t

dusty-t

Almost done. I have to install bolts for the centre piece, paint the outer part of the grill and adjust the hood. Some pics.:biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

dusty-t

dusty-t

Well it is done. All in all the tractor turned out not too bad. Thanks to everyone who viewed and commented on this thread. Couple of pics of the grill.:biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

K

KennyV

GREAT job...
Looks fantastic and your out the door before the snow ... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I

Ifixdit

If you ever get tired of owning such an ugly tractor I would be more than happy to pay the shipping to have it sent to Kansas :laughing: Beautiful job!!

dusty-t

dusty-t

If I ever get tired of it I will let you know. I feel bad for the tractor, that it did not get an owner with a better skill set than I have. I do what I can, but I think it has been mistreated for a long time. These little tractors are like the little engine that could, They never give up.:biggrin: Dusty

I

Ifixdit

I love seeing an oldie brought back to life. I look forward to your next project!

dusty-t

dusty-t

Thanks Ifixdit , I am hoping to not have a project for a while.:biggrin: Dusty