Export thread

B&S Modell 44R877-0001G1

Boobala

Boobala

B&S Model 44R877-0001G1

Just bought this used Briggs 24 HP.Twin (44R877-0001G1) I usually can find anything I need to on a Briggs engine, but this model seems to be a brain-teaser, I just need some info about the voltage regulator, and the carburetor thermostat linkage If anyone has one of these models I would REALLY appreciate your posting on this forum, Thanks up-front guys , Boobala ..:confused2:

BRIGGGS.PNG

Boobala

Boobala

I forgot to mention, I've already got the Operators Manual, & the Parts Manual, I have the O/H manual for the Briggs older model Briggs twins, ( it's supposed to be the same manual for this 24HP.. eng. also, ) what I need is some info on this thermostat & linkage set-up on the carb. and whether or not it does require a regulator,(it must theres a red wire conn. hangin out the housing ( shroud) I just got this thing and I haven't even taken it out of the trunk of my car yet. I'm kinda hopin if someone has one, that I can coax them into sendin a few pics of the linkage set-up, and any info about the regulator, which I have the Briggs alternator manuals on, so when I pull the eng. housings I should be able to figure that out, then it's just figuring out the wire harness from the eng. to my mower ( if I keep it) just the solenoid, kill-wire, and charging circuitry I cant really find ANY info other than what I already have on these 44-SERIES engines, not even the dimensional specs. NOT a MAJOR crises, mostly curiosity,the linkage is my biggest concern. Appreciate your input Chuck, enough that I just MIGHT cut ya some slack on the bustin chops ( it's the Holiday season anyway, and I better be nice or I'll get reindeer schitt in my stocking again this year !! .. man that stuff stinks !!) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

BlazNT

BlazNT

All I could find on that engine is it came off a Husqvarna YTH 2448 and the operators manual and parts manual.

Boobala

Boobala

All I could find on that engine is it came off a Husqvarna YTH 2448 and the operators manual and parts manual.

I just found this,.. this morning AFTER spending bout 2 hrs on the Briggs site, can't believe there's no info. on this model, at the Briggs site , it's like a CIA slush-fund project, Thanks for the effort, ( I'll tell Santa , .. NO reindeer schitt in YOUR stocking this year, !!) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

NEW 24 HP.PNG

Going by this, I guess I DO need the 16 amp regulator, and from what I've found so far I GUESS,.. it has an iron sleeve,as I thought it was the bored aluminum , just not sure, but me no care, I'm happy with what I got, as I said I can't find any make twins,especially a Briggs, for sale in the Ocala, Fl. area, thats why I jumped on it,.. Again, Thanks buddy, ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

BlazNT

BlazNT

I just found this,.. this morning AFTER spending bout 2 hrs on the Briggs site, can't believe there's no info. on this model, at the Briggs site , it's like a CIA slush-fund project, Thanks for the effort, ( I'll tell Santa , .. NO reindeer schitt in YOUR stocking this year, !!) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

View attachment 35059

Going by this, I guess I DO need the 16 amp regulator, and from what I've found so far I GUESS,.. it has an iron sleeve,as I thought it was the bored aluminum , just not sure, but me no care, I'm happy with what I got, as I said I can't find any make twins,especially a Briggs, for sale in the Ocala, Fl. area, thats why I jumped on it,.. Again, Thanks buddy, ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

It takes synthetic engine oil. That is amazing.

Boobala

Boobala

It takes synthetic engine oil. That is amazing.

Yeah, I noticed that too, first time I've seen Briggs recommend synthetic !

B

bertsmobile1

Yeah, I noticed that too, first time I've seen Briggs recommend synthetic !

You will probably find it needs synthetic to pass Californian EPA laws.
Synthetic has considerably less drag so allows the engine to spin faster during starting , so you get bigger sparks so it fires earlier and thus has less emissions on start up.
This by the way it the only reason why all modern engines run very low viscosity oils.
And any mower ( and most car ) engine that runs synthetic can run on std oil without damage and IMHO is better off running a higher base viscosity oil.

AS for your questions I can not understand what information you can not find & why you need it.
The number of wires and the shape & colour of the alternator stator plug codes the alternator output Briggs do this because there is only 3 different diameter stators and all of them have the same mounting points.
Can't remember and too lazy the check but from memory there is only 3 different flywheels across the entire large Briggs range and then there are 2 sizes of magnets so you can swap the stator & flywheel from just about any large Briggs engine both within a capacity series and across any capacity series.
I regularly drop newer higher capacity alternators onto old engines by simply swapping the flywheels & stators ( rectifiers as needed ).

Many of the engines Briggs make are very exclusive to a single user & for a single application by that user and as such the unique specification can become the IP of the end user and not Briggs , thus you have to go to the equipment manufacturers for parts & service. This is becoming more common . Thus if this spec was owned by the Yippie vibrator company, Yippie can control who gets parts, service information and how long they are available.
Husqvarna is doing this big time and Stihl is a close second.

Kohler is somewhat similar to date I have not come across a different flywheel casting from Magnum series through Triads, Commands & Courages.
The only difference is the size of the mounting hole, small for the forged cranks and large for the cast cranks and again the size of the magnets which can be removed, or swapped from one type to another.
I bought a load of dead Courages with cracked crank cases a year back for no reason other to pinch the magnets off the flywheels to fit on the Command- pro flywheels that had lost a magnet or three.

Boobala

Boobala

Thanks for the input Bert, was just curious as to if this engine has an iron liner (for longevity purposes) only !
my main concern, is some of the throttle linkage is missing, and it appears to have a thermostat on the linkage bracket, found out today there are about 5 different linkage brackets and 2 or 3 different color governor springs for the different brackets, since it appears it has a stat, I'm thinking an auto-type choke, I prefer a manual choke such as on my 21 HP twin, which I could probably install on this 24 HP eng. my 21 HP does NOT have a regulator so THAT is new for me, so I will have to figure out which wires I'll need for the kill sw. , the fuel solenoid, and to charge the battery,.. have to determine which amp regulator to get, but everything I've come across points to using the 16 Amp., which bolts on the side of the eng. ,that's missing from this eng. for some reason, and I didn't notice it, till I got it home. ( my ignorance) other than that, I was curious as to there were any known problems with this particular model engine, I try to find out as much as possible, so if & when I need parts (especially bought on-line) I wanna be damn sure I order the exact part, to avoid the B/S in the return of wrong parts. (been down THAT road with unanswered calls & emails a few times) NOT a pleasant experience, but that's about all I wanted to know outside the fact that I can't find a manual from briggs with the exact model number, guess I'm makin more out of this than I should but that's me, about details ( old aircraft training I guess) and I just use 10W-30 synthetic BLEND in all my mower engines ..:laughing:..:laughing:

M

motoman

I have the 44N in my Husqy and I can strip search some of the stuff and look for any pn's which might appear. I have read this thread, but please put in a short ,specific listing of what I can pic and post.
'

Boobala

Boobala

Motoman, Thanks for YOUR patience, and kindness to help, I've been doing some heavy searching for info on these (44-SERIES engines) I didn't even know the 44N ( such as yours) model was included in these thermostat model engines. the thing I've found is, these models are "unique" unto themselves because of the thermostat controlled choke and a plastic "vane-assy" in the fan housing (shroud) I found the details in a news release, & P/Ns in the parts manual specific to this engine. what I need to know, as of now , is WHERE the spring which slides over the THROTTLE linkage rod, connects to, up top . (see pic)

DSCN5076.jpg...READY START LOGO.PNG...WHICH HUSQV IT CAME ON.PNG

I'm fairly sure I have the governor springs location & color ( ORANGE) in hand, ... I located a bunch of pictures ( which I will post in a follow-up thread, to possibly help other members)
If you could describe where the throttle linkage rod spring in question connects, ( or a pic would be great) and ANY further info about these engines, I myself ( and other members would be most appreciative ) I do hope you will visit this thread on occasion, and again I want to Thank You for your time and assistance ....Boobala ........:thumbsup:

Boobala

Boobala

Posting pics related to Briggs & Stratton Models ( 44R877-0001 -G1 ) & ( 44N877-0001-G1 ) engines for the interests of anybody that is interested in theses models of engines. Please feel free to post any pics or further info. related to these models. some of these pics I found on THIS site ( LMF)

20170523_122523.jpg..20170524_120406.jpg..20170524_121146.jpg..20170527_105524.jpg..20170527_105544.jpg..DSCN5072.jpg..DSCN5074.jpg..DSCN5076.jpg..DSCN5078.jpg..DSCN5077.jpg..DSCN5079.jpg..DSCN2706.jpg..DSCN2705.jpg..DSCN2704.jpg..DSCN2707.jpg..DSCN2709.jpg..DSCN2708.jpg..DSCN2711.jpg..

Boobala

Boobala

A bit more info :

Here's the News Letter Release from B&S, you will have to enlarge it (sorry).....see paragraph 4

READY START LOGO.PNG...WHICH HUSQV IT CAME ON.PNG .......click to open, click again to enlarge

Vane parts.PNG...VANE PARTS P-Ns.PNG ...P/Ns 217A,291,1386,1474

VANES SHIELDS.PNG...Shields P-Ns.PNG ...P/Ns 212,227,306,306A,573,865

SPRINGS.PNG...SPRINGS P-Ns.PNG ...P/Ns 209,211,216,216A,222,501A

These are from the B&S (44R877-0001-G1) Parts Manual available on the B&S site
I have .NOT. checked for IDENTICAL P/Ns in the (44N877-0001-G1) parts manual yet !!

M

motoman

Some pin- ups in the pines....Interesting you have caused me to look at the linkage rod on the right as you face the front. I think this may be the one you are interested in. It connects at the top to a little crank on a "thru shaft" at the very front of the carb, looks like perhaps a butterfly function? There is another bigger shaft further back on the carb barrel which looks like the main throttle plate? ( I have not had these apart.) Anyway, on the right rod there is a fine wire return spring which is sitting with the upper hook broken off. Look closely and you can see it. This little guy measures .014" wire dia so it cannot do a lot of heavy work, but in my Husqy thread a while back I bitched about surging which stopped after a while. Don't know if that little "watch spring" played a role. If you come across the pn let me know. Also if you need more pics.

Edit: I looked again at your 1st pic of the rod. It has a "pusher" spring on it I don't see on mine. The joyous press release by Briggs on the bi-metallic choke might make a person shake a head as that technology goes back to the 1960's on cars. The "vanes" you mention...are they just one, a temp sensor? Today it was shown that a company had a sensor in a pill you swallow which could be read by a stick-on band aid and down loaded to review diseases like diabetes. Come on Briggs , at least give us throttle body injection like the Cub Cadet XT series with Walbro fuel injection.

Edit:

Attachments

Boobala

Boobala

Some pin- ups in the pines....Interesting you have caused me to look at the linkage rod on the right as you face the front. I think this may be the one you are interested in. It connects at the top to a little crank on a "thru shaft" at the very front of the carb, looks like perhaps a butterfly function? There is another bigger shaft further back on the carb barrel which looks like the main throttle plate? ( I have not had these apart.) Anyway, on the right rod there is a fine wire return spring which is sitting with the upper hook broken off. Look closely and you can see it. This little guy measures .014" wire dia so it cannot do a lot of heavy work, but in my Husqy thread a while back I bitched about surging which stopped after a while. Don't know if that little "watch spring" played a role. If you come across the pn let me know. Also if you need more pics.

Edit: I looked again at your 1st pic of the rod. It has a "pusher" spring on it I don't see on mine. The joyous press release by Briggs on the bi-metallic choke might make a person shake a head as that technology goes back to the 1960's on cars. The "vanes" you mention...are they just one, a temp sensor? Today it was shown that a company had a sensor in a pill you swallow which could be read by a stick-on band aid and down loaded to review diseases like diabetes. Come on Briggs , at least give us throttle body injection like the Kohler low end machine.

AHHhhh yes that broken spring on your throttle link is the one I want to know where it connects up top, ( your piece that broke off )
OH WELL ! I'M guessing that fine spring we are talkin about is P/N 217A in the DIAGRAM (P/N -592585=choke return spring) which being linked to the choke ?? ON THE THROTTLE LINK ???? (somehow just might have had something to do with your surging issue ) about the vane, did you take a look at the diagrams and P/N lists I posted on BOTH threads ?? if not you should go take a close look, I think we both can learn a lot about these 44 SERIES engines, keep me up-dated ..:thumbsup:

Boobala

Boobala

Forgot to mention, I ran across a few engine descriptions which I'm still trying to figure out, besides this Ready-Start model, there's ALSO a Choke a Matic, and a Manual Compression Release version equipped engines ..???? I think the Information folks at Briggs & Stratton have their head's up their arse's so far, they'll never see daylight !! ..:confused2:

NOT IN HERE.JPG

Boobala

Boobala

UP-DATE :
motoman, the part numbers I gave you for the "choke-return spring" may be WRONG ! you stated you have a "pressure-type spring" on your linkage, checking through the parts manual for YOUR engine ( 44N877-0001-G1 ) I noticed it lists the small pressure spring as DIAGRAM # 217 , the long ( your broken spring) # 217A SHOWS in the diagram BUT, there is is NO LISTED P/N for it ..??? These engines are a real "head-scratcher" !!
Also ran across 2 other engine models WITH the thermostat linkage, - - ( 44P777-2448-G1 ) & ( 44P777-0126-G1 ) ..I am NOT going to research THEM, at this time, while I'm trying to figure out these 44R & 44N models that we have.

And to save time and "hoop-jumping" between 2 different, but somewhat related threads, this one, & your "Where's the Platinum" I am going to keep all I find,.. on THIS thread, I hope you don't mind, and I also found mention of the different series.... Intek, Intek-PRO, & Endurance !! Yet so far, it SEEMS they ALL use the same OLD 400000 series engines O/H manual...?? Lots of research to accomplish, taking much time ( now this is where a "split-screen" monitor would come in REALLY handy !! ..( LOL )
as the "terminator" says.. I'll be bok ! ......... :laughing:

Boobala

Boobala

More info,
here's where to get YOUR parts manual motoman..
https://www.briggsandstratton.com/n...ualSearch.html?searchrequested=44n877-0001-g1

Here's info on the Briggs EFI engines you want Briggs to release !

EFI 28 HP.PNG...EFI 37 HP.PNG

other info.

COMM 24 HP.PNG...MOTOMANS ENGINE.PNG...PRO 24 HP.PNG

you can find ( barely ) the engine models in the gray bars under the engines, sorry,guy, you'll have to use your enlarge or zoom to see them well.. but I can only capture a full page view at this size, then it shrinks of course, when I up-load on the site.

M

motoman

Thanks for the effort, but I think this Vanguard series is port FI and appears in upper end pro series. Think the bare engine is $800+. The Cub Cadets use throttle body FI, but cost a lot less (entry level). I put a feeler in the Cub Cadet forum a while back, and there was some response. The point is ...if Cub Cadet can offer a better system, why cannot Briggs?

Also the insertion point of the little spring you are missing (and which is broken on mine) MUST be the shaft crank which is visible in the pic but in the shadow. I do not have the "pusher" spring. Probably should not say this...my Husqy is now running fine (apparently) without that spring. (horror, is it running too rich all the time...?) I will look at the plugs sometime.

Boobala

Boobala

Took the shroud off today, MAN do I have some CLEANING to do !!!
anyway, I wanted to see where my voltage regulator wires were hiding, (found them) and most of all, where the choke return spring might connect to AND ... to check out the VANE !! Gotta remove the flywheel screen, (4) screws then (2) screws in front under the cartridge filter, remove (2) screws to move fuel pump out of the way, THEN loosen several shroud bolts.
NOW remove the shroud, SURPRISE, SURPRISE !! the spring I DON'T have on MY THROTTLE link, is mounted to the VANE, and a mounting post on the intake manifold, so in essence, the VANE ( I assume ) pulls the choke plate fully open as the engine accelerates, I could not find any other springs on any of the linkages other than the governor springs ( which on my engine ) although hooked on, do no movement, also found the THROTTLE link rod rubs on the intake manifold interfering with WOT ! STRANGE !! I need to figure out why the governor arm control (for throttle control) is not working, previous owner has been working on this motor for some reason, AND there is NO information on this, that I can find to date, other than how to adjust the governor ( maybe that's the problem) MORE RESEARCH &^#@$%^&^$$$#@!@# ,,!!! Took some pics, actually I always take a ton of pics, just to CMA, in case a few come out bad, or I get mesmerized by pushing the camera button, I can always DELETE !!

DSCN2714.jpg...DSCN2723.jpg...DSCN2725.jpg...DSCN2726.jpg

DSCN2727.jpg...DSCN2729.jpg...DSCN2730.jpg...DSCN2732.jpg

This must be the correct choke link return set-up for THIS model of engine, or why else would they bother to configure a post on the intake manifold, then pay, to drill the hole in it, and another in the vane..??

DSCN2733.jpg ......... back to the puter !!

Boobala

Boobala

WELL, I've had my head up my arse, AGAIN, looking through the parts manual of the ( 44 R 877 ) & ( 44 N 877 ) engines I OVER-LOOKED the difference in carburetors and intake manifolds, what a DIFFERENCE !! it appears the 44 R uses a "2 barrel" carb & intake manifold, whereas the 44 N uses a BIG "single barrel" carb & intake manifold, hence the difference in linkages & controls, ( also the 44 N diagram shows the bracket for using a MANUAL choke ) although I don't think that engine uses one because it seems to be the THERMOSTAT controlled "EASY-START engine that our member ( motoman ) has, The carb on the 44 N looks like the exact same NIKKI carb I have on my 17.5 HP Briggs single cyl., maybe just a BIGGER model ..??? this is the first time I've noticed a 1 barrel carb on a twin cyl. engine ..STRANGE ?? Well here's a few more diagrams to ponder, ........ (upper right corners on some diagrams elude to model #)

44 N 877 Carb.PNG.....44 N 877 Intake Man.PNG.....44 R 877 Intake Man.PNG.....44 R 877 Carb.PNG

AND back to the manuals, WHAT ELSE have I missed ??..:laughing:..:laughing:

M

motoman

Boobala ,you should be awarded trophy for Mr. Energy. Best regards, motoman

Boobala

Boobala

Actually, I was searching for info. on this used engine I bought, I always TRY to find out every detail about each engine I have, so when the time comes for maint. or repairs I know exactly what I'm dealing with. I have ordered replacement parts on occasion,and it's no cake-walk, trying to return parts online, ... unanswered calls, no reply to emails, etc. etc, ( depends on who you're dealing with ) When I happened to run across your post on the Husqvarna of yours. I was hoping someone would be so kind as to post some pics of THEIR ( same engine ) linkage as mine, to help with my issue. then discovering that there was a 44 N 877 model, and mine being an 44 R 877, I got nosey then wound up exchanging this info with motoman and another member ( lestro) and only today did I come to find out these 2 engines though very much similar, DO have differences, which of course means .. you better be sure of what model you have, and, that you are using the correct parts, from the CORRECT PARTS MANUAL !! biggest difference I found so far is these 2 models (44R877-0001-G1,) .. ( 44N877-0001-G1 ) have a thermostat controlled choke, with a nylon vane in the "blower-housing" and 1 has a 2 barrel carb , the other a big single barrel carb ( at least it must be, still cant figure, WHY though ?? ) and THAT leads to somewhat of a difference in the THROTTLE/GOVERNOR LINKAGES, also might be some differences in the "breathers" depending on manufacture codes, and I'm still researching, plus there are several other models with similar components, DAMN ..!!! I should be gettin paid by Briggs for all this &^$#@$#@ hoop jumpin, they must have some really sorry-arse folks in their technical publications dept. I KNOW they never read an IPB in the military, NOW those are REAL publications !! clear, efficient, and constantly up-dated with revisions, alternate P/Ns & cross reference materials up the wazoo !! Good damn thing I'm retired !! ... ..:laughing:..:laughing:...later guys, break-time ...Boo

Boobala

Boobala

That's truly kind of you motoman, but people keep tellin me, I'm just a nosey sumbeech ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Boobala

Little by little, THIS INFO. pertains to the model 44 N models ..NOT the 44 R !!

this member posted this awhile back, and has NOT been on the site recently, hope he doesn't mind !

44N877 INFO.PNG

B

bertsmobile1

Actually, I was searching for info. on this used engine I bought, I always TRY to find out every detail about each engine I have, so when the time comes for maint. or repairs I know exactly what I'm dealing with. I have ordered replacement parts on occasion,and it's no cake-walk, trying to return parts online, ... unanswered calls, no reply to emails, etc. etc, ( depends on who you're dealing with ) When I happened to run across your post on the Husqvarna of yours. I was hoping someone would be so kind as to post some pics of THEIR ( same engine ) linkage as mine, to help with my issue. then discovering that there was a 44 N 877 model, and mine being an 44 R 877, I got nosey then wound up exchanging this info with motoman and another member ( lestro) and only today did I come to find out these 2 engines though very much similar, DO have differences, which of course means .. you better be sure of what model you have, and, that you are using the correct parts, from the CORRECT PARTS MANUAL !! biggest difference I found so far is these 2 models (44R877-0001-G1,) .. ( 44N877-0001-G1 ) have a thermostat controlled choke, with a nylon vane in the "blower-housing" and 1 has a 2 barrel carb , the other a big single barrel carb ( at least it must be, still cant figure, WHY though ?? ) and THAT leads to somewhat of a difference in the THROTTLE/GOVERNOR LINKAGES, also might be some differences in the "breathers" depending on manufacture codes, and I'm still researching, plus there are several other models with similar components, DAMN ..!!! I should be gettin paid by Briggs for all this &^$#@$#@ hoop jumpin, they must have some really sorry-arse folks in their technical publications dept. I KNOW they never read an IPB in the military, NOW those are REAL publications !! clear, efficient, and constantly up-dated with revisions, alternate P/Ns & cross reference materials up the wazoo !! Good damn thing I'm retired !! ... ..:laughing:..:laughing:...later guys, break-time ...Boo

Simple Boo,,,,, PRICE.
A single barrel carb is cheaper than a twin barrel carb.
So when Husqvarna want an engine $ 20 cheaper, they get the single barrel carb ( except in Cal ) .
Technical literature revisions are expensive and mowers have a very very very low profit margin which is why ultimately they will all be made in 3rd world countries.

The primary customer is the mower company and they do not want you to substitute engines.
HE who pays the piper calls the tune and they paid Briggs for the engine so they control the available information.

IT took me 2 months to find tuning details for a Husqvarna concrete saw because Husqvarna owns all of the IP regarding the saw and all of the purchased parts.
Husqvarna bought RuXin and one of the reasons was to control the technical data so the carb can not be repaired, only replaced and replacements are only available from a Husqvarna agent.

Boobala

Boobala

Just for informational purposes, ....
the 44R877-0001-G1 and the 44N877-0001-G1 engines both, are thermostat-controlled-choke engines, other models may use the "Choke a Matic" feature, ( a single throttle-choke combined lever ) ( which is what I have on my 2005 model Briggs 17.5 HP Murray "42" in. ) by pushing the on-dash throttle lever to max forward position the engines choke is engaged, just back from that position, is FULL throttle, ( mine has a "detent" which can be felt fairly easy ) going beyond the detent, re-chokes the engine. My 2003 21 HP Briggs "TWIN" , has a separate dash-mounted "manual-choke" cable.

Boobala

Boobala

INFORMATIONAL :

this is a top view of my carburetor, idle speed screw is at 9:00 o clock position, area in red, is where to check for THROTTLE linkage arm rubbing on INTAKE manifold

_throttle_link.JPG

M

motoman

Give me the manual choke. The dyt 4000 Intek 24 always starts at cold and I have not had to fix corrosion or breakage of the "bi-metallic" spring mechanism.

Regarding change-ups in engine assembly...sometimes there are some left over piece parts that work...hey, use them up- throw them on this model. It used to happen in the auto industry, even with different suspension parts side to side, same car. Enough to drive the configuraton manager nuts, and probably the poor parts supplier working off of SN identity.

Boobala

Boobala

Give me the manual choke. The dyt 4000 Intek 24 always starts at cold and I have not had to fix corrosion or breakage of the "bi-metallic" spring mechanism.

Regarding change-ups in engine assembly...sometimes there are some left over piece parts that work...hey, use them up- throw them on this model. It used to happen in the auto industry, even with different suspension parts side to side, same car. Enough to drive the configuraton manager nuts, and probably the poor parts supplier working off of SN identity.

Motoman :
here's a lil info. should you decide to go manual choke.

_choke_link.JPG...kijuyh.jpg..._choke_throttle_cables.JPG

DSCN6225.jpg...MAN.CHOKE.jpg...choke1.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/i/272327909964?chn=ps .......... you can alter these cables to fit as necessary, most likely have to remove carb to install choke-link, ( dont forget the gaskets !! )

Boobala

Boobala

ANOTHER kick in the gonads !! was just checkin P/Ns to order some engine parts for perceived up-coming maintenance, and some parts for the 44R engine, just discovered my 2 Barrel NIKKI carb on my 2003 B-S 21 HP no longer displays, it now shows the 1 Barrel carb, similar/same as the carb on motomans, 44 N 877 0001-G1 engine ( haven't really checked the EXACT numbers ) BUT it's still a manifold and carb change-over. about $ 200.00 !!! Glad I can still find repair/replacement parts for the 2 Barrel, .. UNTIL ..??? EVEN the 3rd party parts houses show the 1 Barrel now .......... NO MENTION of superseded P/N or REVISION #s ..NOTHING !!! F &@#$$#@%^$# Briggs & Stratton at their best !
It's no wonder people ( like me ) get the "ROSY-RED" with them .

1 NEW CARB.PNG............. my 2003 Engine model showing new 1 Barrel carb. replacement model

Boobala

Boobala

INFO for DEMININ :

Deminin, here's a pic of the thermostat equipped engine, also I found the start instructions, ... notice there's a COLD 32deg pos. ( which you most likely shouldnt use at all) is this the procedure you've been using, and you have the hard start problem ??

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

T

Tinkerer200

Do any of the 40 & 44 series V twins not have cast iron liners? Never heard of one.

Walt Conner

Boobala

Boobala

Do any of the 40 & 44 series V twins not have cast iron liners? Never heard of one.

Walt Conner

This is about the only thing I found about a cast iron sleeve in these models ( so far ) one ad says it, the other does not but I would ASSUME it does since, it has a few other "enhancements" ........

MOTOMANS ENGINE.PNG...PRO 24 HP.PNG

I have an Intek I/C 21 HP (2003) and it has an iron sleeve ( model 4045A7 )

TYPE ENG.PNG