B/S 313707-0162 16.5 hp Motor Being Parted Out

southfreedon

Threads
Good Morning All!

Earlier this week I bought a B/S 313707 16.5 hp Motor from a neighbor because I was in need of a starter. Now, I have (from what I am told) a perfectly good motor taking up valuable floor space in my shop.

Here is all I know: Again, from what I've been told, the motor came off a lawn tractor that blew it's rear transaxle. So, the neighbor who is a bonafide pack rat took the motor off and placed it on a shelf in his garage. The serial & code numbers lead me to believe it is a 2001. The engine is clean & has been stored in a heated garage for years. I drained the oil & it was clean. The neighbor said it ran great when it pulled it off his old mower.

Here is my dilemma: I have minimal floor & storage space in my shop so I am going to part out the motor.

If there is anything on this engine that anyone needs, I am willing to sell & ship it to you at a low price as long as you have a PayPal account. I downloaded a parts list from Briggs website so I know what numbers are on the motor. Just get ahold of me at southfreedon@yahoo.com & we can make arrangements.

I hope I can help some of you out!!

Donnie Bphoto-20.JPGphoto-19.JPG

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Donny, why don't you put complete engine on Craigslist or eBay your area, used engines are in great demand, especially if they run & are in good shape this time of year.

southfreedon

Threads
Mark -
Both are good ideas. However, if I sell as a whole on Craig's list & it's not the great running motor I was led to believe it was - I would feel like a jerk.
And, if I sell on the parts on EBay, I have to give 10% as a Sellers Fee which means I'd have to ask a higher price for the parts.
So, I'd rather just offer the parts to my new friends at the lmf & hope I get enough out of it to break even while helping out other folks.
But, thank you for your suggestion.
Donnie B

Tinkerer200

Threads
Mark -
Both are good ideas. However, if I sell as a whole on Craig's list & it's not the great running motor I was led to believe it was - I would feel like a jerk.
And, if I sell on the parts on EBay, I have to give 10% as a Sellers Fee which means I'd have to ask a higher price for the parts.
So, I'd rather just offer the parts to my new friends at the lmf & hope I get enough out of it to break even while helping out other folks.
But, thank you for your suggestion.
Donnie B

Where are you located in Illinois?

Walt Conner

southfreedon

Threads
Piper City...Northwest of Champaign...

Tinkerer200

Threads
Too far or I would come get it.

Walt Conner

southfreedon

Threads
Took Mechanic Marks suggestion - Parts are all gone!