B&S 10T802 questions - muffler, etc

thx712517

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

I was gifted a Craftsman 20" walk behind lawn mower today, a 247.385100 if that makes sense. The motor on it is a B&S 10T802-0776-B1, according to the stamp on the block. It has a small round muffler on it at the moment - perhaps 2"-2.5" in diameter. I would like to find a quieter muffler for the mower but I'm having a heck of a time navigating the B&S parts list. I saw a Lo Tone and a Super Lo Tone muffler, but I wasn't having a lot of success matching up my engine information with the engines listed on the accessory page.

I assume a quieter muffler option does exist for this motor? Also, any recommended tune-up or parts upgrades for better/cleaner performance? I bought a manual reel mower but after a few months my lawn was kicking my butt. I lamented the fact to my dad recently, and that's how I wound up with the Craftsman today.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello all,

I was gifted a Craftsman 20" walk behind lawn mower today, a 247.385100 if that makes sense. The motor on it is a B&S 10T802-0776-B1, according to the stamp on the block. It has a small round muffler on it at the moment - perhaps 2"-2.5" in diameter. I would like to find a quieter muffler for the mower but I'm having a heck of a time navigating the B&S parts list. I saw a Lo Tone and a Super Lo Tone muffler, but I wasn't having a lot of success matching up my engine information with the engines listed on the accessory page.

I assume a quieter muffler option does exist for this motor? Also, any recommended tune-up or parts upgrades for better/cleaner performance? I bought a manual reel mower but after a few months my lawn was kicking my butt. I lamented the fact to my dad recently, and that's how I wound up with the Craftsman today.

Briggs part number 692307 for lo tone exhaust.
Try a local dealer.

Clean the carb and fit a 795083 dia/gasket kit.

Replace oil, air filter and spark plug.

Thats about it.

thx712517

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the part number. I installed it earlier in the week and mowed the yard this evening. Mower has a lower, quieter tone to it. Would coating the inside or outside of the mower deck with something like Dynamat do anything as far as reducing sound?