Export thread

Any Current Sources for NOS/Replacement Parts for AYP Lawn Tractors?

V

VIP38AYP

I am a new member to the Forum. I own a 1997 AYP Weedeater VIP Lawn Tractor that I bought brand new in March of 1997. This Mower is generally considered a "Toy" or low-end "Department Store" machine by those loftier pundits (and owners of larger real estate "Zero-Turn" Commercial Types). My mower served me faithfully (and near-flawlessly) for eighteen (18) mowing seasons. The single reason I retired her after that length of service was due to engine "oil leaks". Her B&S 12.5 HP engine continued to run as strong as ever. Having said all of this to say that I kept my AYP Weedeater Mower because of a personal desire to restore my "Toy" in the near future as I have "semi-retired". I did my parts business primarily with Outdoor Distributors in Shelby, Ala. Fortunately, I never had any negative experiences with this company. I was always treated well, and received my (mostly OEM) parts with promptness without problems. I guess I made the assumption that Outdoor Distributors would always be there when I was ready to do my AYP Restoration. Well, just after the new year (2017) I went online to Outdoor Distributors to check on the availability of a few parts for my mower and was shocked to discover (much to my chagrin) that Outdoor Distributors/Shelby, Ala. had closed their doors as of November 14th, 2016. My question: "Are there any other sources or resources for NOS/OEM Replacement Parts for my Mower? Any help or commentary would be graciously received and appreciated.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I have very good luck with Jack's small engine. Phone number 1-877-737-2787

Catherine

Catherine

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum! I'm going to move your thread to see if we can get it some more views.

BlazNT

BlazNT

With the entire story told (I enjoyed all of it) you forgot the very most important thing. Model number.

V

VIP38AYP

My apologies...Model No. HD12538B.

Boobala

Boobala

BlazNT

BlazNT

I found lots of parts for your mower. What exactly are you looking for?

Boobala

Boobala

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum! I'm going to move your thread to see if we can get it some more views.

Catherine, Not trying to be a smart*** , but it would be helpful if you included the name of the forum you moved the thread to.. just trying to keep things EZ!!! Boobala ..:smile:

Catherine

Catherine

Catherine, Not trying to be a smart*** , but it would be helpful if you included the name of the forum you moved the thread to.. just trying to keep things EZ!!! Boobala ..:smile:

Sometimes I like to add a little mystery :laughing:

Point noted though!

Boobala

Boobala

Sometimes I like to add a little mystery :laughing:

Point noted though!

Must be related to Catherine the GREAT ... But then again ....
ALL women are a mystery to men !! ( LOL ) ..:confused2: