Export thread

AMF riding mower

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

One for sale locally. AMF made a lot of things, but didn't know they did mowers. Any one have any dealing or remembrance of them?

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

I can't answer the question but I'm curious -- is it two-stroke powered?

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

It's a riding mower. 36" cut. Runs and mows. $75

N

noma

Fireman 123

You are getting that for $ 75.00 and it runs and mows and possible don't burn oil and the tires hold air you got a deal hurry and get it before some other fools get it. What do you expect for $ 75.00 hurry:licking:

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

noma said:
Fireman 123

You are getting that for $ 75.00 and it runs and mows and possible don't burn oil and the tires hold air you got a deal hurry and get it before some other fools get it. What do you expect for $ 75.00 hurry:licking:

Yeah I'd say it's a good deal, but I have a hard time throwing $75 at something I don't really need.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Fireman 123

Yeah .. but if it's just an old B&S (or other mediocre engine) mower I'd pass. I was hoping that it might be some two-stroke collectible.

On the other hand, at that price, maybe you could re-sell it.

B

Black Bart

Make sure it don't need anything I seriously doubt if you can buy parts.
The AMF was a cheaply built mower and was not going to last long.
If this thing runs with NO issues it has probably been sitting for a lot of years.

While most would say buy it I would apply that $75.00 toward a good mower if it was me.

reynoldston

reynoldston

It just seems that anything made by AMF back in the 60's and 70's was poorly made including Harley Davidson. For that price maybe a parts mower.

B

benski

I'm, uh, bowled over by this subject.:biggrin::ashamed: In all seriousness, I think I'd have to leave that one with its current owner, unless I was opening a museum..

JDgreen

JDgreen

I'm, uh, bowled over by this subject.:biggrin::ashamed: In all seriousness, I think I'd have to leave that one with its current owner, unless I was opening a museum..

I suspect your "bowled over" is a pun about the bowling sideline business AMF had at one time...wasn't it pinsetters they manufactured?

S

skeens43

I'm new to this forum and couldn't help but reply to this tread. Although I totally agree about AMF and the poor quality of Harley Davidson (when they owned the brand), I've got to chime in and tell you I have a soft spot for the AMF riding mowers. Actually, AMF didn't make their mowers, at least during the late 60's and early to mid 70's. NOMA made their mowers and shared most of the same parts as you would find on entry level Craftsman, Dynamark, etc. Anyway, most of these tractors had either 8hp Briggs or Tecumseh motors and Tecumseh transmissions. I can't speak for all, but my Dad bought one in 1974 and still mows with it! As with anything mechanical, I think the life depends on how it's cared for and maintained. My dad and I actually have built and restored over 6 NOMA tractors, 3 of them in them in the AMF colors. They're easy to work on and have the last of what I consider to be a true "floating" mowing deck.

midnite rider

midnite rider

I'm new to this forum and couldn't help but reply to this tread. Although I totally agree about AMF and the poor quality of Harley Davidson (when they owned the brand), I've got to chime in and tell you I have a soft spot for the AMF riding mowers. .

:welcome: skeens43. Glad you are here. Please post some pictures if you can because I would love to see your AMF mowers. I totally agree with you that longevity is greatly influenced by quality care and maintenance. :biggrin: