Am i nuts

remy

Threads
I have a metro 36", Kohler 15HP, about 400 hrs; mulch kit, esc. My yard as small, the 36 makes people laugh. son can do it 25 minutes.

I have been wanting to get a 48, 18/19HP. but when the grass is long 15HP struggles.

Your thoughts about just replacing the engine? Kohler or Kawasaki

thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
15 HP on a 36 in. mower and it struggles. Just how long do you let your grass get? I am running a 48 in with 12 HP and another mower with a 34 in with 8HP and it seems they both have all the power they need, Maybe you have something wrong with your mower?

RatRacer

Threads
I have a metro 36", Kohler 15HP, about 400 hrs; mulch kit, esc. My yard as small, the 36 makes people laugh. son can do it 25 minutes.

I have been wanting to get a 48, 18/19HP. but when the grass is long 15HP struggles.

Your thoughts about just replacing the engine? Kohler or Kawasaki

thanks

There's the problem right there. If the the grass got 2 inches over normal, it would totally bog my 17.5hp Kohler. Took off the mulch plate, and stuck the chute back on, and the bog went away. Freshly sharpened blades helped too, and possibly get your blade rpm checked to be sure that is still in spec.

Kawasaki is the shiznit these days.

Threads
Have you sharpened your blades, and cleaned out from under the mower deck lately all that build up, and dull blades will cause it to bogg down.

remy

Threads
blades sharp, under deck cleaned and engine runs fine. Problem is the mulch kit. but i love it.

No raking, no grass waist. cut clockwise and almost no clippings.

So more POWER, right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife wants to kill me, twins laugh; neighbors think I am in the WPP.

If I could fine a 48 with electric start (I'm 70) for around 3K I'd hop on it. I did locate a 2010/48/20hp/ES/sulky/350 hrs for 4k. Maybe the Admiral will break down and let me get it.

and thanks for all the advice, very much appreciated

Russell

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your thoughts about just replacing the engine? Kohler or Kawasaki.

Is this something you are going to do yourself or have it done. And just what is wrong with B&G. One engine I would avoid is the Kohler courage and Kawasaki never impressed me. The Kawasaki is the engine I have had in my shop for the most problems going back to the 70s when I was working on snowmobiles till now and parts are very expensive. My first choice would be the Kohler Command. I am going to guess to replace your engine with a new top quality engine you can be looking into 2000 dollars or more with parts and labor so 3000 dollars for another and bigger mower isn't that bad.

remy

Threads
Your thoughts about just replacing the engine? Kohler or Kawasaki.

Is this something you are going to do yourself or have it done. And just what is wrong with B&G. One engine I would avoid is the Kohler courage and Kawasaki never impressed me. The Kawasaki is the engine I have had in my shop for the most problems going back to the 70s when I was working on snowmobiles till now and parts are very expensive. My first choice would be the Kohler Command. I am going to guess to replace your engine with a new top quality engine you can be looking into 2000 dollars or more with parts and labor so 3000 dollars for another and bigger mower isn't that bad.

Probably not but maybe on DIY.

I saw, on ebay, a 20HP kohler ES for 1,300. Asked them what they need to confirm a swap would work. If yes and i get it, maybe you could help me DIY for a reasonable fee. Ohh, I'll need muffler/battery and I'm sure some other stuff that i'll buy from you.

russell

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It sounds to me like you had better be looking at a different mower. Now for around 10,000 dollars you could buy your self a real nice new Ferris. Did you say you needed some help spending your money?