Air Filter Source

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anyone know of a source for this air filter that is priced reasonable. Don't mind paying a fair price for any product but I don't consider 25 bucks reasonable for Asian products such as this.

John Deere 125 135 145 155C 190C Air Filter GY21056 OEM | eBay

Even with free shipping that is a ripoff. I have griped here in various forums what a ripoff power equipment air filters are. Is there a Tractor Supply Company in your area? They carry a good stock of air filters for various brands of Deere equipment. Both Home Depot and Lowes sell air filters too but Lowes is usually higher in price for filters. What ticks me off about these small filter prices is that you can buy a huge car or truck filter for half the price of one for a yard tractor.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I find them there USA filters for the Briggs 22 hp today at the JD dealer for 16 bucks and pocket change. Or it could be the box was USA made.

Attachments

• JD air filter number 6-7-11.JPG
    JD air filter number 6-7-11.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 13

noma

Threads
Sandburranch

Hay have you tried good old walmart they might be cheaper. I know what you mean some of those filter are so high priced, lot of time i get mine in the fall when they clearance them out so they don't have to store them all winter, i get those for the next year i can hang em on a nail for the winter.:biggrin:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I find them there USA filters for the Briggs 22 hp today at the JD dealer for 16 bucks and pocket change. Or it could be the box was USA made.

10.80$ at Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/Stens-100-153...ZV66/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307567308&sr=8-1
You may still have to pay shipping, but if you need anything else or buy 2 or more you can combine the shipping and you won't have to leave the house.... er ah "ranch" as it were.
I checked the WIX site and they do not make a filter similar or the same. That's one reason why have have to pay so much for such a cheap filter.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sandburranch

Hay have you tried good old walmart they might be cheaper. I know what you mean some of those filter are so high priced, lot of time i get mine in the fall when they clearance them out so they don't have to store them all winter, i get those for the next year i can hang em on a nail for the winter.:biggrin:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haven't tried Wally but 20 years ago their price for a genuine B&S filter for a 11 horse Briggs was around 12 bucks. They may now have a cheap Asian made filter though.

I did check in a local Farm and Ranch store where they had 2 no name brands. One for 7 bucks looked like it may have been made from bleached recycled brown paper grocery bags and the other appearing of better quality was 25 bucks.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
10.80$ at Amazon.com.
Amazon.com: Stens 100-153 Air Filter Replaces Briggs & Stratton 499486S John Deere MIU11286 Gy20575 Briggs & Stratton 5063H John Deere Gy21056 Gy21056 Briggs & Stratton 4209 5069H 4223: Patio, Lawn & Garden
You may still have to pay shipping, but if you need anything else or buy 2 or more you can combine the shipping and you won't have to leave the house.... er ah "ranch" as it were.
I checked the WIX site and they do not make a filter similar or the same. That's one reason why have have to pay so much for such a cheap filter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to Amazon shipping "details" I can get free shipping if I purchase three. I may just do that if I was sure they would fit correctly. That's one reason I tend to stay with original equipment brands even though they cost more.Thanks for the heads up.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to Amazon shipping "details" I can get free shipping if I purchase three. I may just do that if I was sure they would fit correctly. That's one reason I tend to stay with original equipment brands even though they cost more.Thanks for the heads up.

I agree with your reasoning to stay with OE brand filters....I have never purchased an off brand one myself.