Add an impulse fuel pump to Kohler VS600?

HunterFarmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am doing a tune up on the 2011 Troy Bilt riding mower/tractor. It dues not appear to have an impulse fuel pump or at least I have not found it. One was sent in my parts kit. Should I go ahead and install?

Excuse my ignorance but the smallest tractor I have is a Ford 4610SU with 56 horsepower. This is my first post and I have learned much from other post on your forums.Thank You!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the fuel tank is above the carb on your mower you don't need a fuel pump. and second on that engine the fuel pump was hidden under the blower housing. so if the fuel line goes under the blower housing and comes back out then you have a fuel pump, but if it goes straight from tank to carb you don't.

And the no fuel pump engines don't have the provisions to connect an impulse line to the crankcase to drive the fuel pump.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Need the spec number on that SV600 (not a VS600) as adding fuel to gravity fed will cause carburetor flooding as it will over pressurize the system so we need to know which carburetor setup it has.

And IL that must be something new with fuel pump being located inside the engine shrouds. I have yet to see that setup. Now voltage regulators yes they are inside the shroud.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Need the spec number on that SV600 (not a VS600) as adding fuel to gravity fed will cause carburetor flooding as it will over pressurize the system so we need to know which carburetor setup it has.

And IL that must be something new with fuel pump being located inside the engine shrouds. I have yet to see that setup. Now voltage regulators yes they are inside the shroud.
The SV600 or single cylinder courage with the fuel pump has the impulse for the fuel pump connector to an elbow fitting screwed into the top cover of the engine next to the flywheel. So they mounted the fuel pump under the blower housing on an L bracket. the engines set up as gravity feed have a pipe plug in that hole.

HunterFarmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
You folks are incredible!! Fuel tank high on firewall. Gravity feed. Are there 2 fuel filters, one small and one about standard size? 2 came in the parts kit. I am trying to do all my homework before I tear into this simple [??] project.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've seen on a Simplicity mower a high mounted tank with an onboard pump on the Kroller engine. Not for nothing. OP has a Troy Bilt.