92 Walker MC kohler 16hp

hardaway1

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello fellas, so my 92 walker MC with 16hp kohler is having some issues again. For a while it would only start when I have it choke, but now it is just not startiing. So i starting with cleaning the gas tank and replacing the gas and cleaning the carb with carb spray, I took the carb apart and cleaned all the jets, made sure the float and needle were operating correctly and they were. Replaced the fuel filter, made sure it was getting spark and it was, the fuel pump was working as far as I can tell, I am unsure about the rate of flow these pumps put out but it was definitely pumping, I also sprayed starter fluid in and it fired, but that痴 it, never fully cranked up. (basically everything as far as the carb and engine SEEMINGLY are OK, keep in mind I am no certified mechanic but I definitely know my way around a motor) I just bought some carb cleaner in the gallon can so I can take carb off again and soak it. I know that this issue is usually caused by dirty carb, but I have a feeling it could be something else. Does anyone have any ideas? Could it be the solenoid or some type of wiring? I ruled that out when it would start only on choke, but I have been fooled before.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are on the right track... (Starts with Choke) indicates to me you had a fuel problem...

You May have fixed the original problem with the initial cleaning... But then added another problem when reassembling. Float could be slightly Too high causing it to be overly rich, that will make it hard to start also... you may have an intake air leak causing the final mix to be Too lean...

You 'should' be able to start & run it using only a spray of anything flammable, starter fluid, WD40, carb cleaner even propane, with no gasoline at all in the tank... Try that & see if it will run while spraying another fuel into the intake.... :smile:KennyV