725DT6 Grasshopper engaging the mower sends temp guage to red and shuts the blades off “sometimes”.

Stritt

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 725DT6 Grasshopper engaging the mower sends temp guage to red and shuts the blades off “sometimes”.
Anyone ever have this occur? We had the clutch replaced @ John Deere last year now sometimes when the mower is engaged the temp guage goes out of sight. I would wiggle the wires back there and it would run just fine for a long time. Yesterday that did not work

Stritt

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 725DT6 Grasshopper engaging the mower sends temp guage to red and shuts the blades off “sometimes”.
I forgot to write that I’d go back and start the mower after wiggling the wires and the temp guage would be in normal range.

Jday123

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello!! I literally just got on here to ask the same question! Does your temp gauge drop to white/green mark as soon as you disengage mower deck also? On mine. Engage mower deck temp gauge goes to red. Diss Engage before it shuts the deck off its self it drops right to green white line. Hopefully we both get this fixed its annoying! Mine did it after 5 mins of mowing today. The mower hadnt ran 10 mins so i know darn well its not hot.

Jday123

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also while sitting there idling with deck engaged my temp gauge will move from white/green line to red then back to green and bounce all over...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
After reading your problems description the first thing I would do is check all electrical connections in this safety circuit. A bad or dirty connection would cause a high electrical resistance, which the gauge how think as an overheating condition.