691v kawa

wheel 520h

Forum Newbie
Threads
engine cold sometimes not always,start up and light blue smoke for about 5 seconds or so,when running no smoke,15 hrs on motor,pulled plugs and there not wet,little oil on threads,does run great,i did add a little marvel to gas im wondering if that is what it is!,tired it only to see if it would help with the rattle on previuos post

577jersey

Threads
Most of the new kawasaki engines even the older ones blow a little oil at start up once in a while,,its normal..some oil gets by as they sit.
Mine does it maybe once a week,,,soon as its warm it goes away..also that engine needs to get at least 75-100 hours on it for the rings to be broke in properly.

As long as it clears up within 10 seconds I wouldn’t worry about it.

Tom

577jersey

Threads
Also,,that rattle you are talking about could very well be the PTO clutch,,mine makes a rattle and it sounds like its coming from the crank at the top.
just get under it while its running,,be very careful and take a rubber mallet handle or short piece of wood and hold the PTO clutch away or push it against its stop....see if the noise goes away.
You can cut a small piece of teflon or rubber and zip tie where it hits if it bothers you.

wheel 520h

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks tom,ill wait till the hours get there n the motor,and the rattle ill ck out on the clutch thanks again

577jersey

Threads
Yeah,,if the problem gets worse you have a pretty good warranty on that motor,,but I would wait 100 hours first.