6 CUB CADET LT42 XT1 ELECTRICAL ISSUES

Rick S.

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have tried everything new battery , tested starter , new solenoid and ignition switch still wont turn over at all.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
without the full model number from the serial tag (usually start with 13) it is only a guess but it can either the PTO or brake switch or even a broken wire.

First make sure you haven't forgotten to turn the PTO off.

Rick S.

Forum Newbie
Threads
without the full model number from the serial tag (usually start with 13) it is only a guess but it can either the PTO or brake switch or even a broken wire.

First make sure you haven't forgotten to turn the PTO off.
MODEL 13AVA1CS056
I ALWAYS LIFT THE BLADES. Is there anyway to bypass one at a time to see which might be bad?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Every switch simply connects or disconnects wires
They are all simple switches and apart from the engine plug are all simple blade terminals
Thus you make up some jumper leads with a blade on each end to bypass the switches 1 at a time
The exception is the seat switch but Cub do not use the "tamper proof" ones that Husqvarna does .

Rick S.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Every switch simply connects or disconnects wires
They are all simple switches and apart from the engine plug are all simple blade terminals
Thus you make up some jumper leads with a blade on each end to bypass the switches 1 at a time
The exception is the seat switch but Cub do not use the "tamper proof" ones that Husqvarna does .
sorry this is my first riding wower and not great with electronics not awful either

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Manual PTO. Check PTO switch and brake switch.
1687656102010.png

edwin251

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have tried everything new battery , tested starter , new solenoid and ignition switch still wont turn over at all.
Since this is your first rider, you have to be seated on the mower seat before it will start. The seat switch is under your seat. If you get off without setting the clutch and then the brake, it will cut off.. next check battery connection. They get loose over time. As everyone else said make you are not trying to start it with the blades engaged.. Here's one for the future you may run into. The belt comes off and you remove the deck belt cover and maybe you bend the belt tensioner belt keeper to get the belt back on,,,,, not a good thing. It's best to use a 9/16 open wrench and loosen but not all the way, just enough to raise the tension pulley to get the belt back on and then retighten. I tried twice to force the belt into the tension pulley and finally figured out that was a mistake.