Export thread

425 mower deck

G

gmacmopar

My 425 John Deere is not running and I am wondering how to get the mower deck out. The deck is on the ground but I can't start it to raise the hydraulics to clear the tractor.

Thanks

M

mechanic mark

Dead battery, other problems why engine will not start?

G

gmacmopar

Yes I have been trying to figure that out also but some people on here think my cam is bad or my flywheel key is sheared but it will not fire at all just blows gas and air out of the top of the carb.

S

SeniorCitizen

can you jack the mower up and slide the deck out?

G

gmacmopar

Well yes if I can get it out of the small shed it is in. I had this given to me because the previous owner could not get it running. It is in a small shed and I can't even figure out how to get it in neutral to push it outside to get the deck off.

M

mechanic mark

Hook a chain around it with other end to your truck, car, etc., not bumpers, but axle, frame, etc. something solid & drag it out. SAFETY FIRST, keep people away while doing this.

Specifications
"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts" your engine is FD620D seven down, click, & click again at bottom left of screen for your engine manual, see troubleshooting, section 8.

S

SeniorCitizen

I think some day U be needing at least an operator's manual for a 425 and it's looking like today is the day. :smile:

B

bertsmobile1

I think some day U be needing at least an operator's manual for a 425 and it's looking like today is the day. :smile:
Don't normally do a "me too" but yes these are a tad on the complicated side particularly with the wiring, lots of relays and interlocks.
Think I bought mine from <trade bits.com> about $ 30 as a download.

S

SeniorCitizen

The deck is on the ground. The tractor is in the shed. U got me doin a hellofah bunch of guessing.

Put a piece of plywood behind the tractor up under the hitch no matter what the tractor/deck is on, dirt , wood , gravel or other. Put a floor jack on the plywood and jack the rear up. Roll the jack and tractor out. The front wheels should roll free and it won't need to be in N. When the jack hits dirt re-position the plywood.

G

gmacmopar

Ok will give it try I was hoping there was a neutral or something but I guess your right I will eventually have to have a manual this shed is very small and the tractor barely fits into it. I don't want to tear up this guy's shed so I will try to get the help from someone to kind of steer it as it goes out. If anybody has any other solutions feel free to let me have them.

Thanks

G

gmacmopar

Ok got the lawn tractor out of the shed and pulled it to my garage which has a lot more room. I know I don't have a manual YET but I will be getting one. Mower deck is 54" and on the ground due to not running and hyd have moved south until it is running. Pulled the rear pins to the deck loosened and removed the front holder. Now the driveshaft? It will not slip out and pull forward it just stops so far like it is hitting something nd I cannot see what it would be. Unless the driveshaft has a bolt or a collar or something holding it. Jacked up the rear end and still can't see much. Where to go now. You guys have been helping me a lot so I hope I hear from someone.

Thanks

S

shiftsuper175607

Ok got the lawn tractor out of the shed and pulled it to my garage which has a lot more room. I know I don't have a manual YET but I will be getting one. Mower deck is 54" and on the ground due to not running and hyd have moved south until it is running. Pulled the rear pins to the deck loosened and removed the front holder. Now the driveshaft? It will not slip out and pull forward it just stops so far like it is hitting something nd I cannot see what it would be. Unless the driveshaft has a bolt or a collar or something holding it. Jacked up the rear end and still can't see much. Where to go now. You guys have been helping me a lot so I hope I hear from someone.

Thanks

I jack the front of my mower up...I have an old bumper jack. Then I clear my tires easily with the deck. You can see better too.

G

gmacmopar

Ok guys got the driveshaft unhooked from the mower deck now I can begin trying to figure out what is wrong with this engine? Where to get an owner's manual and a tech book to help me diagnose the problem or problems with this mower. There was a kind of sleeve on the driveshaft I just slid it back towards the deck and the driveshaft fell out. I want to thank everyone for there help and also for some future help as well. I am going to need all I can get with this thing.