326RX Brush cutter starter rope won't pull freely

coho

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I have a husqvarna 326RX brush cutter, serial number 968 05 35-11 04 0800138

I was given this weed eater, which was only used one season. My friend was able to start it with ether and he said it ran and he used it.

I worked on it for a while, and I got it started and it ran for about a minute, then died. Now when I try to start it, the rope pulls out a little way, then stops short after about six inches. If I take the spark plug out, the rope pulls freely. I did replace the complete starter pawl bridge. I haven't been able to start it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bertrrr

Threads
I ran across something like this with a similar machine, took it completely apart and didn't find anything wrong,
Found that it gets in a position at the crank angle and binds up, Forced it past that angle and started up and ran fine. Pull the plug and stick a long skinny rod on top of the piston and see if it's at BTC which is where mine got stuck, force it past and try again.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would have thought it would be DTC and not BTC as DTC has max compression. Right now I got a hedger that is hanging at DTC and losing all compression too. Suspect top cylinder damage.