25hp kohler engine pops

ctl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Massey Ferguson legacy tractor with 25hp kohler engine in it with about 1400 hours on it. I bought it used about two years go. Last year it would not run without the choke on. I took it to the dealer that I bought it from. The mechanic rebuilt the carb. They called me and said that the right cylinder was not firing. He had to replaced the speed advance module and one ignition module. They call me to come and get it. When I went to start it, it started and made a loud pop and died. It wouldn't restart. The mechanic tried and couldn't get it to restart either. It did have spark on both plugs but it kept backfiring. He did a leak test on it and told me that the right cylinder was leaking and that it could have a blown head gasket and a valve not closing. I had already had $500 in it and decided to take it home. I pulled head and gasket was blown and intake valve leaking. I lapp both valves and replaced the head gasket but it still won't run and continue backfiring. I pull flywheel and found that the flywheel key had broke. I replaced the key and did get it started but it pops and won't get up to proper rpms. I check compression on both cylinder and got 150. I pulled right plug wire to see if it would run. When I tried starting it it made a pop and I didn't go any further in starting it. I pulled left plug wire to try same thing and the engine started and does not pop when running but still doesn't get full rpms. As soon as I put the left plug wire back on and start it, it pops and doesn't run right. I haven't leak test it can't find one to rent. I can't believe all of this. When the mechanic did the leak test, the left side was ok. Does anybody have any suggestions on what is wrong with it.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, they replace the S.A.M. module and coils because the have no idea what they are doing, and to cover for their ineptitude,
they charge their customers hard.........

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you lived in Ky... well, I could help you....

Deerlane

Threads
Two Diodes harness of engine between modules, one maybe bad. Check with ohm meter.