25hp B&S Intek running one one cylinder blowing lots of smoke

ladrhog

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 25hp B&S Intek running one one cylinder blowing lots of smoke
So I took a chance and bought a scotts 2548 riding mower that was running but smoked. Paid $175.00 for it. IMG_3349.jpg
Brought it home to figure out what the problem was. Compression on the left side 150, right side 0. So i tore the engine down and this is what I found
IMG_3392.jpgIMG_3400.jpgIMG_3407.jpg

So i went to a small engine junk yard and found a donor engine. My engine is a 445777 0134 e1. Donor is a 445877 0760 e1. There are a lot of similar parts but the pistons are different. They are the same size but one is dished and the donor is flat. The heads appear to be the same but the numbers are different in the ipl.
I just ordered a gasket set. The part number 694012 is the same for both engines. as far as I can tell the wiring is the same. The push rods and connecting rods are the same. The crankshaft is a different number but looks the same. I think I am going to try and reassemble the donor engine. The crankshaft looks good as well as the pistons. Just going to re-ring it and slap on my heads. Does anyone know where I can get a repair manual. I called my B&S dealer and he said he didn't know where to get one. I would like to know torque specs for the engine. I can't believe the engine would run like this. Any help would be appreciated

Tinkerer200

Threads
I can send you a PDF copy of the Service Manual IF you like, address below, put in proper format and remind me, engine model number and what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Suggest special attention to donor bore and piston clearance and prep of bore before re ring. Get the measurements done to avoid a second teardown. Or measure and reassemble with original parts if ok.