2017 Dixie Chopper Blackhawk HP 2560 Transmission Belt Idle Spring

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / 2017 Dixie Chopper Blackhawk HP 2560 Transmission Belt Idle Spring
Every one of us have different amount equipment to use. Here I have a couple low profile jacks for lifting the rear and lift that uses the wheels for front end. Seldom need to lift the whole mower but when I do I use jack stands on the rear for safety; even when I have just the rear up I use them. Better safe then be found laying under the equipment days later.

DcSux66

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh lucky me we have a heftee 2000 mower lift. Sure makes it nice to work on the mowers. We even have jacks that fit the lift arms to raise the mower off the lift pads so you can take the wheels off while on the lift. We could really use a bigger one the newer mowers are bigger and heavier. Have to put a jack under the left rear side of the frame for the 72 inch cut mowers to be safe.
i have heard bad things about those lifts

oldgearhead

Threads
Thanks everyone for the assistance and tips!!!! I actually did not have to lift the Dixie and was able to complete everything successfully. I appreciate all the assistance. It is back up and running.

HLW49, lol, I am very jealous of your Heftee 2000 and never realized equipment like this was manufactured.

oldgearhead

Threads
I have a yard crane so can lift the mower up vertical if I want
However when I am doing multiple mowers simultaneously I do use jacks
For ZTR's drive it backwards just a little to turn the caster wheels into the reverse position ( or turn them by hand )
place some car or truck ramps behind the read wheels & drive the mower up onto them.
That should be all you need to do & will leave the mower very stable
IF you really need to the front can be lifted by hand and jack stands placed under the frame front cross member , not the caster wheels but you will need truck or SUV ones as most car ones are too short .
When you have finished remember to turn the front casters to the forward position before you drive / push it off the ramps or you risk it running off the side of one of the ramps .
Thank you for the information and quick reply!

oldgearhead

Threads
Every one of us have different amount equipment to use. Here I have a couple low profile jacks for lifting the rear and lift that uses the wheels for front end. Seldom need to lift the whole mower but when I do I use jack stands on the rear for safety; even when I have just the rear up I use them. Better safe then be found laying under the equipment days later.
Thank you for the information and comments. I agree totally I never get under any vehicle without some type of back up support (jack stands, etc.)