2015 Toro v-twin won't start

Joed756

Threads
Place engine in a fairly dark area and spin it over while grounding the spark plug to the engine..You want a bright blue colored spark,not a weak white or yellow colored spark.. you need at least 90 psi to start an engine and it to run well.. If you have good enough compression,blue spark,good fresh fuel and it's making it into and out of the carb along with clean air and still doesn't start then I'd check the flywheel key to see if it's sheared and spun the flywheel making the timing so far off..
As long as you're spinning it up in the dark, reinstall the plug and see if you see any spark when you turn it over. I've seen automotive plugs with internal shorts under compression that allow the spark to jump to the engine head, bypassing the cylinder.

dtestin

Threads
Pull off the Recoil cover and carefully inspect the Keyway and Crankshaft key. Slots should line up exactly.
When the blade(s) strike a solid object the key is designed to shear partially or completely so the Crankshaft is not damaged. Replace key with an OEM one.
Flywheel key is not sheared, lines up perfectly. I was hoping that was the issue.

dtestin

Threads
Adjusting valves: rocker is sloppy side to side and moving it around allows the feeler gauge to slip in and be the right feel. Is this typical?