Export thread

2015 Exmark ZTR new steering wheel option

ztrjim

ztrjim

New for Exmark in 2015 is the Quest S series with a Steering Wheel controlled front steer option. It seems that this segment is growing with consumers. I personally prefer lap bar controls.

More Information about 2015 Exmark Steering Wheel Contrlled Zero Turn Mower

Yep, & I prefer the lap bars as well..

I hear Toro is coming out with a similiar model, w / steer wheel.. (no surprise)..

D

Dave1954

ladies love the steering wheels :laughing:

That's true, Cub Cadet has had one out with steering wheel. That all I know about it..

This Exmark says it steers by the front wheels, I would like to see the underside of this machine.

Carscw

Carscw

On the cub cadet you can steer with the front wheels or pull a pin and let them be caster wheels.

It still turns with the rear wheels.
The front wheels help with hills.

I love the steering wheel. Lap bars make me feel trapped.

On the cub cadet you can steer with the front wheels or pull a pin and let them be caster wheels.

It still turns with the rear wheels.
The front wheels help with hills.

I love the steering wheel. Lap bars make me feel trapped.

Oh you have a Cub like that then (sounds like), cool.. That is very interesting you can steer f. wheels, or pull a pin for castor action.. Well I imagine the front steer is a big help on slopes.. (Hadn't thought of that).

If the steering wheel controls the direction (either way), does Cub have a Forward & Reverse 'go' pedal then ?

I saw a 4x4 Dixie Chopper, that was on a heavy slope & just flying along..

B

Brucebotti

ladies love the steering wheels :laughing:

Dang! The next thing you know, they'll be wanting to mow the lawn and take our fun away...:thumbdown:

Ric

Ric

The Cubs have the dedicated dual hydrostatic rear-wheel transmission, It's synchronized with the front steering to reduce turf damage or so they claim. The only thing I can see is it's a lot more work on the arms and shoulders to operate than the lap bars. Considering that Toro owns Exmark they'll probably not be far behind with theirs if the Exmark does well.

The Cubs have the dedicated dual hydrostatic rear-wheel transmission, It's synchronized with the front steering to reduce turf damage or so they claim. The only thing I can see is it's a lot more work on the arms and shoulders to operate than the lap bars. Considering that Toro owns Exmark they'll probably not be far behind with theirs if the Exmark does well.

Ric- Thanks for the 411 on the Cub set-up.. Was very curious about more details..

A friend works at our local Toro Dealer, & he says Toro is expected to have a steering wheel Z coming out soon as well.. Said I bought my 2014 Toro 1 year too early. :laughing:

I told him, no way, I much prefer the lap bars now that I'm spoiled..

Ric

Ric

Ric- Thanks for the 411 on the Cub set-up.. Was very curious about more details..

A friend works at our local Toro Dealer, & he says Toro is expected to have a steering wheel Z coming out soon as well.. Said I bought my 2014 Toro 1 year too early. :laughing:

I told him, no way, I much prefer the lap bars now that I'm spoiled..

I don't know what Toro you're using but I'd be willing to bet if Toro does come out with a steering wheel ZTR that it will be in the Time Cutter or Titan series ZTR. I can't see one being used for the Commercial Z-Master mower.
The thing is the Cub Cadets have never sold or done that well, the lap bar models have out sold them by a big margin. I think their S series will eventually end up the same as the Hustler Zeon that was supposed to be the next big thing in a ztr....Discontinued.

I don't know what Toro you're using but I'd be willing to bet if Toro does come out with a steering wheel ZTR that it will be in the Time Cutter or Titan series ZTR. I can't see one being used for the Commercial Z-Master mower.The thing is the Cub Cadets have never sold or done that well, the lap bar models have out sold them by a big margin. I think their S series will eventually end up the same as the Hustler Zeon that was supposed to be the next big thing in a ztr....Discontinued.

Ric- You might be right about the S series. I'd rather have a flip-up deck..

I'm just a home owner, trying to take care of my space.
My Z is a SS TimeCutter 4260.. Which so far I'm very pleased with.. The 42" really can get into tight spots & fly on the open areas, I was looking at the 5060, but it won't fit into many areas around my house, & eats up too much floor space in my shop, I got 3 bikes, my truck & the Ol's ride..

I would agree no steering wheel for the Z-Master.

PS: The only Z Cubs I see around here are the Farmer's, who has a couple older commercial units with lap bars.

Ric

Ric

Ric- You might be right about the S series. I'd rather have a flip-up deck..

I'm just a home owner, trying to take care of my space.
My Z is a SS TimeCutter 4260.. Which so far I'm very pleased with.. The 42" really can get into tight spots & fly on the open areas, I was looking at the 5060, but it won't fit into many areas around my house, & eats up too much floor space in my shop, I got 3 bikes, my truck & the Ol's ride..

I would agree no steering wheel for the Z-Master.

PS: The only Z Cubs I see around here are the Farmer's, who has a couple older commercial units with lap bars.

There's nothing wrong with the Time Cutter or the Titan series stuff, there good mowers. The Cub Cadet S series is a good mower and I would guess the Exmark will be also. The CC S series were being pushed big time by the company when the first hit the market, the dealer I buy from had them on the floor all the time but in the last year not so much, in fact I can't remember when I saw the last S series they had on the floor was. Time and sales will tell the tale and my guess would be that they will go the way of the Hustler Zeon in time.

Parkmower

Parkmower

The cub s series is very popular with homeowners around here. There are two on my block. And I've seen prob half dozen others around. One lawn care company has a Tank S.
I think for homeowners they want the speed and maneuverability of a zt but are scared of lap bars.

Ric

Ric

The cub s series is very popular with homeowners around here. There are two on my block. And I've seen prob half dozen others around. One lawn care company has a Tank S.
I think for homeowners they want the speed and maneuverability of a zt but are scared of lap bars.

I've used the lap bars so long, I'd be scared of the steering wheel :smile:

I've used the lap bars so long, I'd be scared of the steering wheel :smile:

:laughing: That's a good one.. My last 2 mowers were GT's (about 20 years w/them combined), but long ago I ran a Bob Cat for a few years, so the lap bars feel pretty good to me..

NorthBama

NorthBama

:laughing: That's a good one.. My last 2 mowers were GT's (about 20 years w/them combined), but long ago I ran a Bob Cat for a few years, so the lap bars feel pretty good to me..

The lap bars are great for me much easier on the old back.

The lap bars are great for me much easier on the old back.

Yep, not to mention the suspension seat.. :thumbsup:

ztrjim

ztrjim

Yep, not to mention the suspension seat.. :thumbsup:
5 Star Comfort!

I was at my Toro Dealers today & they have 3 Toro Z SW models there, SW Steering wheel, not for me..

I know Toro owns Exmark, so I suppose only natural for them to have SW models too..

ztrjim

ztrjim

Yup Toro's Steering Wheel Front Steer Version here...... The main difference I believe is Toro uses Stamped Decks and Exmark used Fabricated decks.... http://zeroturnmowerreviews.net/toro-introduces-the-all-new-2015-toro-timecutter-sw/

ztrjim - Yes you can get a Toro SW with Fab deck.. It's even in the link info you provideed..

The TimeCutter SW Series
features a heavy-duty front bumper made of cast iron and steel for excellent durability. Models are available with 32″, 42″ and 50 four-inch-deep steel decks, or 42 and 50 fabricated decks.

highlift60

highlift60

The steering wheel option looks like it will have a strong market in residential machines. Pro's and most aficionados will stick with traditional controls, but I can see a lot of residential consumers being more comfortable since there won't be much of a learning curve.

S

slow84ta

My Neighbor has one of these new Streering Wheel Exmark Zero Turn's and hes loves it. Boy it cuts fast too compared to my garden tractor! :confused2: It let me use it once oh boy was it alot of fun! He hasn't had any complaints. :thumbsup:

R

raiderdane

I Work at a little Tractor place that sells Exmark Mowers and I have a Quest with Lap Bars, but I borrowed the new Demo Quest with the steering wheel to try out on my lawn that has 2 nice slopes on each side of my house and WOW........what a difference!! It does Awesome, my mower usually slides and I cannot steer worth a damn on the slopes, but this thing being heavier on the front, does the job. Turns perfectly on the slopes. I liked my lap bars and said I would never do the steering wheel...... but as soon as I can, I am buying the new Quest with the steering wheel. It did better than I expected.

J

JanJ

That's true, Cub Cadet has had one out with steering wheel. That all I know about it..

This Exmark says it steers by the front wheels, I would like to see the underside of this machine.

I've got a 50" Steering Wheel Model and LOVE IT! I have hills, slopes, <15 Degrees.... The front steering helps keep you going where you want to... No runaway actions on slopes here!