Export thread

2012 Silver eagle 2760 blade spindles up /down play normal?

R

RCountry2

I know the discharge side outside spindle has side to side play but also notice all 3 has up / down play (grabbing top of pulley and moving entire shaft) is that normal? They other 2 does not have side to side play just up / down.

BlazNT

BlazNT

No that is not normal. Time to replace all the bearings.

R

RCountry2

Thanks for the response thought I would give a update. I removed them all and ordered all new ones. Going to rebuild 2 of them but the 3rd one is scrap. Looked like the bottom of pulley on it had been rubbing on housing. Installed all 3 new ones also replaced the spring on tensioner while I was at it.

R

RCountry2

oops double post

B

bertsmobile1

Normally you replace the bearings with the spindles in place.
This is because the mounting bolts generally break off in the housing.
When you replace the spindle housings pop a dab of anti sieze on the bolts before you put them back

BlazNT

BlazNT

Thanks for the response thought I would give a update. I removed them all and ordered all new ones. Going to rebuild 2 of them but the 3rd one is scrap. Looked like the bottom of pulley on it had been rubbing on housing. Installed all 3 new ones also replaced the spring on tensioner while I was at it.

Yes I decide play is normally the worst thing that you can have. Glad you posted back what's going on it may help somebody later on.