2011 Grasshopper 226V with 61" Deck

maggerdews

Threads
Got the new Grasshopper the end of May and like it more all the time. Mow about 2 acres and it does the job in about half the time of my old JD 332 (an admirable work horse BTW). Bit of a learning curve as this is my first zero turn, but I'm getting the hang of it. Straight mowing is still a challenge so trying to figure out a technique that will get me straight while going fast. Look forward to reading and posting on the forum!

Attachments

• DSCN1427.jpg
    DSCN1427.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 7

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

I moved your thread to the Grasshopper forum. :smile:

jigbuilder

Threads
Welcome 'hopper owner.
I came from a GT1862 Cub with the M18S Kohler and a 50" deck to the 223/52" deck hopper.
It was taking me 4 1/2 hrs to mow what I mow with the cub. Now its 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

It won't take you long to operate the levers. Your gonna' like the zero turn

maggerdews

Threads
Welcome 'hopper owner.
I came from a GT1862 Cub with the M18S Kohler and a 50" deck to the 223/52" deck hopper.
It was taking me 4 1/2 hrs to mow what I mow with the cub. Now its 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

It won't take you long to operate the levers. Your gonna' like the zero turn

No doubt about it the Grasshopper zero turn is much faster than the JD tractor and it rides better so I like it already. Getting used to the straight line off camber mowing bit by bit, just not as easy as I would have expected it to be. But, I'm looking for the straight mowing lines like I could do with the JD and I may be expecting too much too soon seeing how I'm a rookie with the zero turn. Thanks for your post jigbuilder.