2008 Bronco surges and is slow to start

LoreKnives

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I have a 2008 Bronco with a Kohler Twin Courage 18 engine. I've never run gas through it that wasn't treated with Sta-Bil. Lately it's been getting really hard to start. I have to crank it over and fool around with the choke for a while to get it going. Once it's running it surges. If I engage the blades it seems to run fine but once you disengage the blades it begins to surge again. I changed the oil, air filter & spark plug it still acts the same. Today I decided to clean out the carburetor. It's a Walbro LMK and I believe the numbers stamped on the carb read 0858 7561 202333 (the stamp quality is so poor that it's hard to read). I haven't been able to find a rebuild kit for the carb with any of those numbers. Are all LMK's the same? After I cleaned out the carb and put it all back together I can't get it to start at all.:mad: I'm going to call it a night and work on it again tomorrow. What should I look for?

Michael72

Threads
lol....part numbers!!!!!!...mean nothing anymore :) got genuine briggs carb kit in yesterday with model numbers on pkt.... not even close to to the original... carb issues or seems hard to turn over when cold???

LoreKnives

Forum Newbie
Threads
lol....part numbers!!!!!!...mean nothing anymore :) got genuine briggs carb kit in yesterday with model numbers on pkt.... not even close to to the original... carb issues or seems hard to turn over when cold???

It turned over fine. I have to turn it over for about 40 seconds and play with the choke before it starts. Once it's warmed up it seems ok. I can shut it off and start it up once it's hot. But if the blades are not engaged the engine is constantly surging.

I took the carb apart and cleaned it but I couldn't figure out how to remove the jet. So I just blew some carb cleaner and air through it. The gaskets were pretty bad but since I wasn't sure what kit to purchase I just cleaned them up and stuck them back on... But now the dang thing won't start at all.

possum

Threads
Repair Clinic has the kit for the carb. Just type it into the site and it will come up.