Export thread

2007 Troybilt mustang zero turn

L

lazyhubby70

I posted this in the Troybilt section. Hoping to get some Kohler engine experts to help.

1st time posting. I have troybilt mustang zero turn with kohler courage 22 motor. mower model number is 17af2acp766. when i turn the key to the run position I get a click out of the solenoid going into the the carb. when i continue turning to the start position i get nothing. I'm not real sure where to start on the troubleshooting. I'm not real sure where the switches/solenoids are that i may need to check. Any and all help is truly appreciated.

Thanks.....Lazy

One more note. I haven't ran it since last summer. Put in fresh gas, changed oil and filter, changed spark plugs before even attempting. Just looking for a starting point in gettting this running. Need it because my walk behind just broke a transmission (Had to actually hire a buddy to mow my yard....lol)

thanks again....lazy

jekjr

jekjr

I posted this in the Troybilt section. Hoping to get some Kohler engine experts to help.

1st time posting. I have troybilt mustang zero turn with kohler courage 22 motor. mower model number is 17af2acp766. when i turn the key to the run position I get a click out of the solenoid going into the the carb. when i continue turning to the start position i get nothing. I'm not real sure where to start on the troubleshooting. I'm not real sure where the switches/solenoids are that i may need to check. Any and all help is truly appreciated.

Thanks.....Lazy

One more note. I haven't ran it since last summer. Put in fresh gas, changed oil and filter, changed spark plugs before even attempting. Just looking for a starting point in gettting this running. Need it because my walk behind just broke a transmission (Had to actually hire a buddy to mow my yard....lol)

thanks again....lazy

Quite possible that there is not enough fire in the battery to make it turn over. Hook jumper cables to it from a good battery and try that.

L

lazyhubby70

Quite possible that there is not enough fire in the battery to make it turn over. Hook jumper cables to it from a good battery and try that.
Thanks for reply.

Brand new battery. Old battery didnt even cause carb solenoid to do anythng.

Lazy

A

andy spence

did you check the starter solenoid or fuse to start circuit? the one on the carb only allows fuel to enter fuel bowl. good luck

I

ILENGINE

Check and see if you have 12 v at the small wire on the solenoid, when turning the key to the start position. If yes, assuming a three post solenoid, then replace the solenoid. If no, then most likely a safety switch problem. Could be one on each Z turn lever, one on a parking brake lever if you have one, Also the PTO switch also acts like a safety switch for starting.

If a four post solenoid, then you could have 12 v on one of the small post, but will need to trace the other wire through the safety switches to find the cause of you starting problem.