2007 LT 1045 PTO wont start.

mafraziersr

Forum Newbie
Threads
The PTO won't engage. Pull out the switch, nothing happens. I ran a 12V line direct to the PTO clutch and it starts and the blades run. It would run for a few mins and then blow the fuse. I'm beginning to really dislike this thing.

snapsstorer

Threads
if your blades engage by straight wire to it, your switch may be bad. if it keeps blowing the fuze's then there is a possibility of your electric clutch has a problem with it also. just some of the possible's. also check your wiring for any break's, fraying, or cracking of the insulation.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
The PTO won't engage. Pull out the switch, nothing happens. I ran a 12V line direct to the PTO clutch and it starts and the blades run. It would run for a few mins and then blow the fuse. I'm beginning to really dislike this thing.

If its blowing fuse's then its sure to be the PTO, disconnect wire's to PTO clutch then run a wire with a fuse inline to PTO clutch, see if it still blows the fuse if yes its the PTO clutch so replace it, if not check the PTO switch and wiring, you can do this test without the engine running.