Price Check 2004 721D2 61"

schmidtsm

Threads
Hello,
I am looking for you値l opinion on if this looks like a good deal as I am looking into buying a used GH. I was looking on the listings and saw that a guy was selling his 2004 721D2 61 with a powerlift and a metal shade for $4,900. The pictures look pretty good as it only has 750 hours on it and I will be using it to mow my 2.5 acres. The paint is scuffed on the left side but nothing more than a bunch of wide turns that doesn稚 concern me. Does this mower have enough tork for a 61 deck? I think a 52 would be perfect but I haven稚 seen one yet with a 52 and a diesel. The guys saids that is runs and cuts fine and everything works but the lights.
Does anyone know if the 2004 have the G2 Hydros on it? Are there any known problems with this year and model? Are there any questions that I should ask? This mower is about 3 hours drive so I want to make sure that I ask all of the right questions before I make the drive to test it out.

Thanks,

Shane

173abn

Threads
the 2010Compact Tractor Guide gives a retail price for a 721D2 w/61"deck as :high price of$10,876.00 and a low price of $8,151.00 sold new for $12,695. Series is listed as GEMNI 2 SERIES. iT HAS 44CID Kubota rated at 20.9 hp.weight at 920lbs.I would think the engine could handle the 61"deck w/no problems.you said the lights did'nt work,ask the seller if the fuse is blown or some other problem.I'd look for any leaks and would def. test drive and cut w/it.check belts and spindels and check pto belts.ask him what kind of routine maint. he's done such as greasing all the zerks and changing out the filters,air,hydro and fuel.ask him if he has the owners manual.good luck on your buy....russ

schmidtsm

Threads
Russ,
Thanks for you for taking the time to guide me in asking the right questions. So, if in 2010 those were the prices it would be fair to nock off 1 grand or so. Still if everything checks out is could be a nice deal. With the 750 hours in 8 years of use what do you expect the future life of this mower to be?

schmidtsm

Threads
:mad:I just asked the questions you recomended and this was his reply

"It's not the fuse, I haven't pulled the panel to see if there is a loose wire or bad switch. I do have the manual. Just serviced the drive system, manual says 1000 hrs but I decided it wouldn't hurt to do it sooner."

Seem a little suspect. He doesn't have the mnual... but the manual says to service the drive system at 1000...

What are your thoughts?
:mad:

schmidtsm

Threads
Does any one know if there are any known problems with this year and model? How many hours should this unit last or years for residential use?

173abn

Threads
I would'nt worry too much about the lights not working.Could be a fuse or loose or bare wire.As far as a manual you prob. need one ,they aren't really detailed but are usefull.You can get one by going to GH site and ordering one.I've got a 928D that is I think a2004 model w/a little over 2000 hrs.I cut 3+ acres w/it every other week.Note :Haven't done that this yr. because of the drought.If you change engine oil,grease all your zerks [16 on my 928d] do'nt know how many on your model.Clean under your deck after each mow,clean out the rad. screen and blow out the dust and chaff in your rad. that mower should last you many many yrs.Kubota and Yanmar make two of the best diesels you can get.good luck on your decision.Forget to say but you need to find a dealer by you that sells GH and their parts because like any machine you will need parts.I always go to one dealer and can get any part I need.If he doesn't have it he can get it within 2 days.This summer I had to replace the fuel guage and the ignition switch.good luck on your decision...russ