2000gx

Woody1848

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I am new to small engines, mainly have worked on Briggs and Stratton with points ignition. I just picked up a 94 snapper 2000gx for a winter project it has a kohler m18 it sat for about 2 years I cleaned fuel system cleaned the carb and after a while it started ran well sounded great from idle to full throttle, it ran for about 5 min I shut it off as I had an appointment I returned 40min later and it won't start turn over fine no fire, I check all the wiring and after several hours it started again I ran it for about 10 min driving around the yard and running the mower parked shut it off next day no fire and it has been a week I have tested every thing that might have to do with the ignition key switch,kill wire safety switch (only has one on brake pedal) new oil pressure switch and module which tests with in the specs from kohler 22000-42000 ohms, everything seems to point back to the coil...could the coil(module) be bad after a good test, I am stumped it ran now it does not I am running out of ideas and don't want to start throwing parts at it. Thanks any help or direction would be appreciated