Export thread

2 Cycle oil / gas

W

WyrTwister

What have you all seen happen if oil / gas is accidentally used in your standard flat head economy B&S lawn mower ?

Thanks , :)
Wyr
God bless

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

If it's not a whole lot you will be OK. Some people put left over 2 cycle mix in their mowers.

The worst thing that can happen is a black spark plug..........

BlazNT

BlazNT

Best thing that happens is all the parts that do not get lubricated get some well needed oil. I run all my old 2 cycle oil and gas through my mower at the end of the season before I put them up for the year.

When I get an old mower for fixing one of the first things I do is drain gas and replace with 2 cycle gas oil mix. Then remove spark plug and turn it over. Wait till next day and start work. I like everything all oiled before I start.

Mike88se

Mike88se

If it's not a whole lot you will be OK. Some people put left over 2 cycle mix in their mowers.

The worst thing that can happen is a black spark plug..........

Best thing that happens is all the parts that do not get lubricated get some well needed oil. I run all my old 2 cycle oil and gas through my mower at the end of the season before I put them up for the year.

When I get an old mower for fixing one of the first things I do is drain gas and replace with 2 cycle gas oil mix. Then remove spark plug and turn it over. Wait till next day and start work. I like everything all oiled before I start.

Something I suspected but good to hear from more knowledgable people.

I

Icutmetl

I ran the 32:1 mix of Klotz Super Techniplate and Cam2 100oct fuel that I used in my Honda 250r 4-wheeler in my Honda GCV160 powered push mower for almost two summers a few years ago, just so I could keep one common can. It drank it up just fine; no funky running issues, but it did smell better!

M

motoman

I dump my leftover 2 stroke weedwhacker mix into my Inteks with no bad results (typically less than a pint). I also think it's probably a good "top end" lube . But only if I am regularly using the machine; not for long inactive periods, even with Sta-Bil . No problems.

sgkent

sgkent

short term no problem.. Long term like as a practice, then excessive carbon builds up everywhere - rings, pistons, valves etc. If you have a late model engine with a catalytic convertor some oils have chemicals in them that kill the catalytic. Since they don't smog lawn equipment yet the only consequences of that would be a dead catalytic. But if you burned enough detergent oil to make the engine smoke heavily then it would wash carbon from the rings and drive your neighbors nuts.

F

Fragger

Ditto on what everyone said i would say the worst that can happen is you get a foulded plug:thumbdown:QUOTE=sgkent;279140]short term no problem.. Long term like as a practice, then excessive carbon builds up everywhere - rings, pistons, valves etc. If you have a late model engine with a catalytic convertor some oils have chemicals in them that kill the catalytic. Since they don't smog lawn equipment yet the only consequences of that would be a dead catalytic. But if you burned enough detergent oil to make the engine smoke heavily then it would wash carbon from the rings and drive your neighbors nuts.[/QUOTE]