1998 Yard Machine 13AM675G062 found and have questions

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / 1998 Yard Machine 13AM675G062 found and have questions
Rock the mower while moving the shifter. It might not be in neutral.

senna

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks carscw!!
I will try that this evening. If it wasn't completely in Nutrual wouldn't it not spin while on the cinder block?
Really appriciate your help!!
Senna

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look on the side of the trans, you will see a little disc, and a brake caliper setup. Wiggle the linkage and you should hear a clunk, which releases the stuck caliper on the
disc, so you can push in neutral...

senna

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys. I spent a few hours with the mower last night. Wiggled and jiggled the linkage and the disk the best I could. It didn't seem to do anything. When I try to push the mower it still doesn't roll. It seems like the right wheel( if you are sitting on the machine) is the one locked up but I could be wrong. Still don't understand why when it is on a block everything moves freely and easy(though opposite directions) .

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks guys. I spent a few hours with the mower last night. Wiggled and jiggled the linkage and the disk the best I could. It didn't seem to do anything. When I try to push the mower it still doesn't roll. It seems like the right wheel( if you are sitting on the machine) is the one locked up but I could be wrong. Still don't understand why when it is on a block everything moves freely and easy(though opposite directions) .

If both wheels turn when off the ground then it is not the brake.

Take the belt off the pulley on the rear end.

upnorth

Threads
on the deck between the console and the seat are two skinny rods. one is a parking brake, the other releases the transmission so you can move the mower.
as far as cranking the engine, take off the whole front shroud and locate the starter motor. there's one large copper stud. take your jumper cables and use an automotive battery in good charged condition. negative goes to batt and mower chassis. positive goes to batt pos - now touch the other pos end to that large stud on the starter. if its any good it will turn over the engine.
chances are because the mower was left outside, the ignition switch is bad. I had to replace mine a year ago. the mower was always stored outside.
to start the engine, pull out the choke handle all the way out. throttle should be at high speed. when you start the engine it will run but start to sputter, push in the choke handle and it should even out.