Export thread

1993 720K, Lifting the 61" 9061 deck.

U

user4579

Good Day All! And thanks for the help before! After mowing my yard I thought I would check or sharpen the blades on the 61" deck. My question is what is the best way to lift the deck up? Is there a manual lever I can install to lift it up? What I did was use a come-along from a beam in the garage to the mower deck. Seems like a commercial mower would have a quick easy way to lift the deck to do the blades. I checked my parts / operators manual and nothing about lifting the deck.

173abn

173abn

after each mow I clean the under side of my deck.I lift my 61" deck using an elec. hoist I put on a trolly that runs on a H beam.got the trolly and hoist at H.F...russ

B

bertsmobile1

I have a few options that I use regularly.
Truck ramps with a flat rolling surface for blade changes & general service work.
Engine hoist if ramps are occupied
Yard crane if I need to go higher
Block & tackle last resort.

Just a few things to watch.
Fuel can run out of the cap vent if tank is very full
Wet cell batteries can leak
Oil can get past the rings and create a hydraulic lock if up in the air for a long time.

If doing a lot of deck work. I reverse ZTR's onto ramps then hoist the front
or
hoist the back, pop a pair of jack stands under the rear then hoist the front and put jack stands under the front

173abn

173abn

my mower has a front deck,only the deck leaves the ground.tractor stays on terra firma...russ

U

user4579

Thanks for the responses! I guess I'll stick with lifting it with a chain hoist. Just thought over the years someone would have come up with something to attach to the deck to raise it like the newer ones. Thanks All!!

173abn

173abn

I wish that too.I'm thinking my neighbor told me he upgraded his older 928d w/a powerfold deck.for the price of one I'll stick w/the elec hoist...russ

U

user4579

So would I have to change the whole deck for that power fold, or just adapt it to my deck?

173abn

173abn

I'm thinking you have to have the whole deck.next time I see him I'll ask..russ

U

user4579

Thanks for finding out for me! Not a Huge deal, I just have to pull the old car out of the shop and move things around every time I want to use the hoist to lift it up. (Safely)

173abn

173abn

when I bought my mower my barn was full of jeep ,tractor and other mowers.I had to build a shop just for it on one side of my barn.lol....russ

U

user4579

HaHa! Yeah, one can never have to large of a garage! I've always been old build one 2 to 3 times larger than you think you will need. I have some nice plans for a 3 car garage with an upstairs, but that darn old thing called money keeps slowing me down. The Grasshopper does take up some space, even with the deck lifted up it is still a ways from being 90 degrees up flat.

173abn

173abn

I hear you on that.I've got a 100yr old barn that I built a greenhouse on and put a new roof on before I retired.I wasn't too crazy about roofing it but I did it by myself.I got so many tools that sometimes I spend more time looking for the tool I need than using it.future plans is to buy a skidsteer and of course will have to build it a home....russ