Export thread

1990 Toro GroundsMaster 72

willys55

willys55

bought this last year, was running poorly and then started to smoke real bad and died........parked it for the time being, which ended up being 8 months, LOL

Pushed into the garage yesterday and started to tear into it........easy little engine to work on. Through research I discovered that the engine is a Renault
and I was able to locate many of the parts for the engine overseas. Here are a few photos of how far I got with it last night.
IMG_5084.jpgIMG_5085.jpgIMG_5094.jpgIMG_5097.jpgIMG_5098.jpgIMG_5099.jpg

Boobala

Boobala

Well, we see you'll be busy for the next day or 2 ...( LOL ) Keep us updated & please keep up with the pics
I hope your project goes fast and well , best of luck, take care !! ..:thumbsup:

willys55

willys55

Thank you, I will

willys55

willys55

cleaned up the block and cylinder head. cleaned the grease off the fan and painted it, was meant to be yellow, but the wife used that can when I wasn't looking, so all I had left was chrome and gold so, gold it is. I like the way it looks so I painted the valve cover to match. I got the head bolted down, and the valves adjusted...placed the cave cover on it just to see how it would look...Me Likie!
IMG_5101.jpgIMG_5112.jpgIMG_5111.jpgIMG_5114.jpg

Attachments

willys55

willys55

I noticed the radiator had broken free from it's mount and was sitting on top of the drive shaft assembly housing, so I lifted it back into placed and soldered back together
IMG_5109.jpg

willys55

willys55

IMG_5118.jpg
had it running today around lunch time

willys55

willys55

I made a quick video clip

willys55

willys55

I bought a parts machine back in April, just in case the engine on mine was toast...turns out I now have alot of spare parts

willys55

willys55

Just realized that when I started this thread that I posted it as a 1990, well the donor is the 1990 and this one is a 1984.

willys55

willys55

this is the parts machine, if someone needs something send me a pm, and I will see what I can do.
IMG_5160.jpg

NorthBama

NorthBama

Wow it sounds good nice work

willys55

willys55

thank you

willys55

willys55

parts machine is no longer here, pulled many of the parts that I might need in the future......IMG_5540.jpgIMG_5548.jpgIMG_5542.jpgIMG_5537.jpg

willys55

willys55

swapped the radiator from the parts machine over to mineIMG_5562.jpg

T

texastoro

Looking for some information about the GM 72 with the renault gas engine in it. Does anyone know what the proper Maximum governed RPM of the engine is suppose to be? Working on a repower and I want to get it right the first time. Thanks in advance

Robert