Export thread

1963 Jacobsen

G

garyao49

Hi this is Gary from VA. I have had a Jacobsen for a number of years and just started researching it. From the Ser# (100c 11228) I have found it to be a 1963. Mine has a Kohler K161 7hp but all the 63s I have found have a 8hp. Was this Jake made in 62 and sold in 63 or what?

The tractor is in good shape with mower deck and a snow blade that isn't stock but adapted from another tractor. The one thing I am missing is the drive belt shield. Does anyone have one or can give me a templet and sizes and I might be able to make it. What year Jakes would have the same shield? I know some Fords are the same but which ones? Thanks for any help.

Catherine

Catherine

Hi Gary. Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread on over to our Jacobsen section to see if we can find you an answer.

U

uptown

7hp is correct on the 61 and 62 100 models. I'll send you a pic of the belt sheild

U

uptown

Is your chief a 100a model?

tom3

tom3

Shouldn't that have a steam engine on it?

U

uptown

Sorry Gary I took some pictures and it says uploaded file too large. Idk what's up with that. Maybee operator error. Hahaha

U

uptown

Anyone else having problems loading pictures from their phones ?

G

garyao49

Is your chief a 100a model?
No I'm pretty sure it is a 100c

G

garyao49

Sorry Gary I took some pictures and it says uploaded file too large. Idk what's up with that. Maybee operator error. Hahaha
Thank's, just saw your post and a pic might help. Think I fab some from aluminum on a break if I have some specs.

U

uptown

Thank's, just saw your post and a pic might help. Think I fab some from aluminum on a break if I have some specs.
Hi this is Gary from VA. I have had a Jacobsen for a number of years and just started researching it. From the Ser# (100c 11228) I have found it to be a 1963. Mine has a Kohler K161 7hp but all the 63s I have found have a 8hp. Was this Jake made in 62 and sold in 63 or what?

The tractor is in good shape with mower deck and a snow blade that isn't stock but adapted from another tractor. The one thing I am missing is the drive belt shield. Does anyone have one or can give me a templet and sizes and I might be able to make it. What year Jakes would have the same shield? I know some Fords are the same but which ones? Thanks for any help.