11.5hp Briggs only Idles or Runs Flat Out.

Daggerwin

Threads
Hi, I have got a problem with my 11.5hp Briggs engine.

Model: 259707
Type: 4028 01
Code: 92032710

Basically I have recently rebuilt this engine and the carb and it will only run at idle or flat out. I have made a video to explain things a bit better and to show you.
I may have put something on wrong or it could be something simple...

Thanks!

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would that there is something wrong with the gov link to carb (spring maybe), so check it again, if you are sure its right post up some photos of the gov links to carb, that way we here should be able to help you.

Is the throttle cable (when you pull it) opening the throttle butterfly without the engine running, and when the engine is running is the gov trying to pull the throttle butterfly closed..?

DaveTN

Threads
I'm wondering if you got the governor lined up properly internally before you put the oil pan on. I've had trouble sometimes with the governor plunger getting off the paddle that controls the governor arm. Could be linkage in a bind. Hate to see you pull the pan again.

Daggerwin

Threads
I would that there is something wrong with the gov link to carb (spring maybe), so check it again, if you are sure its right post up some photos of the gov links to carb, that way we here should be able to help you.

I have taken some photos of the linkages. I can't see anything obviously wrong but someone with more of a trained eye might.

Is the throttle cable (when you pull it) opening the throttle butterfly without the engine running
Yes, the throttle cable opens the butterfly without the engine running.

I'm wondering if you got the governor lined up properly internally before you put the oil pan on. I've had trouble sometimes with the governor plunger getting off the paddle that controls the governor arm. Could be linkage in a bind. Hate to see you pull the pan again.

That did cross my mind, however I am always extra careful when putting them back together. It is certainly a possibility.

Attachments

• Linkage 1.jpg
    Linkage 1.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Linkage 2.jpg
    Linkage 2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Linkage 3.jpg
    Linkage 3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Linkage 4.jpg
    Linkage 4.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 7

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Photos 1 & 3 are no help, was photo 2 taken when the throttle cable set at full load..?
will the governor try and move to the left when you open the throttle..?

it seems that your governor is not working, when you open the throttle the governor will (should) try and close it if the load is lightened or open the throttle to obtain more power if the load is increased, unfortunately one can't see this on your video, so check to see if it does move left to right when running, I believe photo 2 is showing that the throttle is full open when engine is not running, did you take the photo with the throttle cable open..? when stop and when throttle cable not open butterfly should be closed.