Export thread

1030 Slow in reverse

D

Dmart127

I have a Cub Cadet 1030 that is really slow in reverse and if backing up a slight hill it wont even do that but has plenty of speed in forward gears. What would cause this? Drive belts?

B

bullrider

I think I saw a You Tube video where a guy found a quick dirty method that fixed his Cub which wasn't moving well in reverse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci-ZFT8QA_E
There might be other videos on the subject.

B

bertsmobile1

I think I saw a You Tube video where a guy found a quick dirty method that fixed his Cub which wasn't moving well in reverse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci-ZFT8QA_E
There might be other videos on the subject.

You have to be joking 15 minutes of video, 11 mnutes of waffle and 4 minutes of garbage.

Apparently getting under the mower, cleaning the debris off the tranny and lubing the linkages is beyond his mental ability
I am surprised he did not end up by telling you to urinate on the left wheel & kick the right.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Bert you are 100 percent correct........ I can't believe I sat through that.... Also he has over 94,000 views... i'll bet almost all the viewers didn't make it thru the whole video LOL ..............

B

bertsmobile1

I did not .
I watched the first minute then stepped foreward in 1 minute intervals till he was actually talking about the problem.
Then there was garbage about the bypass releasing BOTH ( ? ) the valves followed by something that Cub told him but he wont tell you then basically hit it with a hammer till you flatten all of the grass clippings you should have cleaned out so the reverse pedal can go .

I am not surprised by the 94,000 views though.
Berts is advertised in the back of the local free newspaper & had been from day one 12 years ago.
It is listed in the white pages and the yellow pages ( phone books )
I added a bannar sign at the local primary schools

Yet I still get people come to the gate and ask if I fix lawnmowers ( there are 2 trailers with Berts signs on them ) .
Then I cop abuse cause I don't advertise anywhere , they could not find a local mower repair and had "searched everywhere".
Apparently now days "everywhere" is Face book & you tube.

B

bullrider

Oddly enough there are more than a handful of comments posted on the video that say this 'fix' actually did work for them. Apparently, fixing 'tranny debris' and 'linkage lubrication' would have been a bigger waste of time.