Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1
    Location
    Florida
    Mower
    Troy-Bilt

    TB210 drive belt cover removal

    I can't get the drive belt cover off my (Troy Built) TB210 21" self propelled walk behind mower.

  2.  

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    822
    Location
    California
    Mower
    TMW REPAIR & THE MUSICIANS WORKSHOP RECORDING STUDIO

    Re: TB210 drive belt cover removal

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonioJr View Post
    I can't get the drive belt cover off my (Troy Built) TB210 21" self propelled walk behind mower.
    What exactly is the problem you are having removing it?

  4. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2
    Location
    West Virginia
    Mower
    Troy-Bilt

    Re: TB210 drive belt cover removal

    Quote Originally Posted by chance123 View Post
    What exactly is the problem you are having removing it?
    I have this same mower and mine recently just stopped propelling. I could not figure out how in the world to get the cover off to check the belt to see if it had just slipped off or has debris around it. I removed the two screws on each side behind the wheels, but there appears to be more to it than that. I tried looking up under it to figure it out without any success. Anyone know how these things come off? Thanks!

  5. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2
    Location
    West Virginia
    Mower
    Troy-Bilt

    Re: TB210 drive belt cover removal

    Quote Originally Posted by dh85 View Post
    I have this same mower and mine recently just stopped propelling. I could not figure out how in the world to get the cover off to check the belt to see if it had just slipped off or has debris around it. I removed the two screws on each side behind the wheels, but there appears to be more to it than that. I tried looking up under it to figure it out without any success. Anyone know how these things come off? Thanks!
    Ok, so I looked up under the cover and there are more bolts to remove than what I had thought. There are nine total, which are 3/8ths... two on the top plus seven on the bottom, which you'll have to use a deep well socket for the ones up under the cover. Two bolts that hold the back of the cover on are right beside each underneath on the deck itself, behind the cover. After removing all of those, then you can lower it back lift the cover off. If yours needs removed and replace, you'll have to remove the blade and adapter parts to pull that end off.

    I got lucky and the belt looked just fine and had just slipped off the pulley. I did have some debris built up around it, so that could have been the reason it pulled off. After putting it back on and using it about an hour, it's been doing fine so far.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 07:28 AM
  2. Replacing drive belt on TB210 Walk behind
    By drive1 in forum Troy-Bilt Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 08:10 AM
  3. Snapper riding mower drive drive belt keeps breaking
    By Argee in forum Small Engine & Mower Repair
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 07:03 PM
  4. Brute Briggs and Stratton Belt Cover HELP!
    By jmf728 in forum Briggs & Stratton Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 09:39 PM
  5. Murray Belt Cover
    By tdopp in forum Murray Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 07:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •