Homelite timmer, fuel coming out air cleaner..

russcrisp

Forum Newbie
Threads
All,

I have an ancient Homelite St-155 trimmer.. Zama c1u-h08f carb. I installed a rebuild kit, and it starts and runs fine, but after it heats up, it will stall after a while.. I sit it down to rest, and gas will start leaking out of the air cleaner.

Sounds to me like the needle is not seating good, but even after repeated disassembly and cleaning, and careful adjustment of the needle lever, it still does the same thing.

Let me note this.. During my initial cleaning, I got a little overzealous on the primer base, and I think I may have damaged the check valve(s) in there. I can blow and suck through the base. I'm not certain if this condition (damaged check valve in primer) would allow fuel to flow when it shouldn't. Looking at the zama diagram, it doesn't really look like it would.. Primer wouldn't work as well. But I don't know for sure.

Anyone ever encounter a situation like this?

Thanks for any advice.
Russ

Mower manic

Threads
How to rebuild a homelite ST155 carburetor part 1 - YouTube
here's another.
They guy refers to homelite as hom-elite and he has a Canadian accent (which is indicative of a beer drinking idiot :biggrin: )...but there may be something here you can use.
seems to me it's got to be in the carb, don't think it's the check valve.....eh?

russcrisp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greets.

Well I think I got this one fixed... After watching the u-tube vid, i discovered I had the pump diaphram on backards.. flipped it over, and she's running fine. No more stalling or gas coming out of the air cleaner.. Maybe that circular metal thing was keeping the level activated..

Thanks to both you guys.

Russ

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Congratulations!