Question on planting Bermuda seed in holes filled with sand

EClayton08

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Question on planting Bermuda seed in holes filled with sand
I live in SC and have bermuda grass. I had a ton of fescue spots in my yard so I dug them all up today and filled the holes in sand. My yard looks like a golf course full of divots with sand in them and I am wanting to try to get grass to grow sooner rather then later. What would be the best way about getting the fastest results? Should I plant some bermuda seed in those spots? If so should I just throw it on top of the sand or get some kinda soil to put on the sand then throw seed on it? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

jimrs

Threads
  • / Question on planting Bermuda seed in holes filled with sand
I live on a lake and had a bunch of work done down by the water. New boat house and a sea wall. The construction crew used a trackhoe and dozer to do the work. I did have a beautiful St Aug yard. When they left I had to get 5 load of dirt hauled in and spread it with my Kubota tractor. I had lost 1/3 of my yard to just dirt. I bought a grass seed and spread it where the dirt was. It is now covered in grass + weeds. Every spring we get a lot of weeds but cutting it every week in the spring will kill them out and let the grass take over. I have a problem in the front yard with the removal of 13 giant pine trees and now they are sinking where they ground the stumps and covered them. I will just fill the holes and level out the front yard. There is still quite a bit of the st aug grass out there. It will spread to cover the dirt. But I would just spread some grass over the areas your talking about and water. It should fill in pretty good in a few weeks. Some good fertilizer would also help wait until the grass is started good. Remember to mow it high so the new grass won't burn up in the heat.