Kohler Carb. Problem

swo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Sears mower that has a 20 hp Kohler about 8 yrs old. Engine runs fine except if you hit a bump or turn real sharpe, engine dies out as if out of fuel, then run fine. Fuel problem or electrical? Also need specs on setting high idle.

Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm pretty sure that you have an electrical problem, probably a loose connection, but have a question or two. Does it happen if you have the machine on a sharp angle only? if you kick the tires real hard while parked and running does it occur? have you checked where the ground wire meets the chassis for looseness? Can you tell us what you have tried?

swo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have checked all wires. Connections are good. Only happens when turning sharply to the left or going over bumps. Doesn't happen if you kick or rock the mower and doesn't do it when you turn hard to the right.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Does your engine have a fuel shut off solenoid on the carb. If so please turn the key to the on position and the shut the wire going to this solenoid. I'm starting to get the feeling the we have to look at combination fuel/electrical problem. When you first turn the key to the run position (not start) you should be able or feel the solenoid click. If it does click shake the wire good to see if it goes on and off.