Looking to buy a walk behind, need advise!

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
We sell cub and simplicity . Cubs come back for valve issues and broken cables with as little as 10 hours ... Simplicity Series never come back except for oil change and blade sharpening .

redfish9

Threads
If you buy a new recycler toro,buy a carb rebuild kit now because you will need it soon

sv64

Forum Newbie
Threads
I hope you didn't buy the mower. We bought the John Deere JS48 from Lowes in March 2012 and it has been in to be repaired 3 times already (JD authorized service center, driven 210 miles so far for repairs). It is still not running correctly and I have lost faith it will ever run right. This past time the guy had to go pull one off the floor because he didn't assemble it correctly and it was revving, now it is the second time since we got it back again and doing the same thing as before. (they have had it 4 weeks for repairs and we have had to borrow neighbor's mower).

The best part, the local place tells us to talk to JD about it being a lemon and JD tells us we are stuck dealing with local place. This past time the customer service person told me I should be happy I have a 2 year warranty and it isn't costing us anything (I guess my time and the gas to drive 210 miles is free) to get it fixed.

The first time they told us no regular gas without ethanol stabilizer, so I went and bought smaller tank got stabilizer and put it in gas, it had carb issues again so took it back this time we were told ONLY marine grade fuel so I bought a new bigger gas can and paid big $$ for marine fuel. It still stopped running. This time they said it had junk in carb (remember new perfectly clean container) and said we were storing it in a dusty place (my garage).

I thought we were helping the US economy, never knew it was a chinese engine, never told us that. Our old mower still runs, just gave it to someone who couldn't afford a new one so I can't get it back. I feel like we have wasted $500+.

I just wish I had seen your site first before we bought this mower. I am going to tell anyone looking to buy a new machine to check here first.