Adjusting throttle/governor - freshly rebuilt B&S 16hp Vanguard engine

hcanipe

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Adjusting throttle/governor - freshly rebuilt B&S 16hp Vanguard engine
I just had my 16 hp B&S 307333-0332-01 engine professionally rebuilt. (It was removed from my tractor and shipped out out-of-state for repair.) I am having trouble getting the throttle/governor adjusted. When I first started it, the engine would barely rise above idle when using the throttle control. However, I could manually open the carburetor butterfly and the engine speed would rise appropriately. How do I fix this and adjust the governor?

Thanks,
Henry

hcanipe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think the person that rebuilt my motor may have incorrectly installed the governor mechanism when rebuilding my motor. How far should I be able to turn the governor shaft? I can only adjust mine about 1/12 of a turn (the equivalent of 5 minutes on a 60 min clock face.)

silver1

Threads
I think the person that rebuilt my motor may have incorrectly installed the governor mechanism when rebuilding my motor. How far should I be able to turn the governor shaft? I can only adjust mine about 1/12 of a turn (the equivalent of 5 minutes on a 60 min clock face.)

They do not turn very much at the block. You should see the arm move an inch or more at the tip.