Honda mower difficult to start

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
!6 dollars for a new carburetor, can' beat that price. Is that the price retail from a dealer? Anytime it seems I look at new carburetors it is always over 100 dollars. For 16 dollars you can't mess with the old one very much. I can also understand Jmurray point. Time you go to dealer to buy the carburetor, pay tax it it's a lot more then 16 dollars. When just a quick cleaning for a little of your own labor would fix it why not and if you still have problims then time for throw away and buy new.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I forgot to add this. If you are having a dirt problem it is just important to take care of where is is coming from as the carburetor work or the problem will just keep coming back.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
!6 dollars for a new carburetor, can' beat that price. Is that the price retail from a dealer? Anytime it seems I look at new carburetors it is always over 100 dollars. For 16 dollars you can't mess with the old one very much. I can also understand Jmurray point. Time you go to dealer to buy the carburetor, pay tax it it's a lot more then 16 dollars. When just a quick cleaning for a little of your own labor would fix it why not and if you still have problims then time for throw away and buy new.
Exactly :thumbsup:

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads

$16 dollars is retail price.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads

I forgot to add this. If you are having a dirt problem it is just important to take care of where is is coming from as the carburetor work or the problem will just keep coming back.

You guys must have way too much free time to be cleaning worthless carbs that can easily be replaced for $16 bucks.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You guys must have way too much free time to be cleaning worthless carbs that can easily be replaced for $16 bucks.

Lets talk about time and money. The closest Honda dealer is 25 miles from here, that is 50 miles at 3.60 a gallon for gas and sales tax with lots of stop lights and traffic. The carburetor has to be R&R no matter what new or cleaning. The only Honda carburetor I have cleaned was on a generator this pass summer and I thought it was just a simple job. The cleaning part haft hour tops. Now what do you think I would have charge the coustomer more for the 2hr. trip plus gas or the haft hour cleaning job. Now if the carbureator needs major work and worthless yes a new carburetor. I thing I can't get over is the price of the carburetor 16 dollaars for a new carburetor I had to buy a new B&S carburetor for a John Deere last year and my cost was 130 dollars. Must be the differant between John Deere and Honda. I just payed 30 dollars last week for a used B&S carburetor from a salvage yard and I had to clean that.

bwdbrn1

Threads

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Lets talk about time and money. The closest Honda dealer is 25 miles from here, that is 50 miles at 3.60 a gallon for gas and sales tax with lots of stop lights and traffic. The carburetor has to be R&R no matter what new or cleaning. The only Honda carburetor I have cleaned was on a generator this pass summer and I thought it was just a simple job. The cleaning part haft hour tops. Now what do you think I would have charge the coustomer more for the 2hr. trip plus gas or the haft hour cleaning job. Now if the carbureator needs major work and worthless yes a new carburetor. I thing I can't get over is the price of the carburetor 16 dollaars for a new carburetor I had to buy a new B&S carburetor for a John Deere last year and my cost was 130 dollars. Must be the differant between John Deere and Honda. I just payed 30 dollars last week for a used B&S carburetor from a salvage yard and I had to clean that.
Amen!

I'm not saying $16 isn't a good deal, and I would go for it (if I didn't live in Scotland!) it I needed to, but if the carburettor was simply dirty, I'd clean it rather than replace it.