Critter picture tread,(post what you have)

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes otherwise known as a sea serpent, the longest bony fish in the world.

Yeah, I saw that oarfish recently on the news. They are indeginous to the "VERY deep sea" and this is a VERY rare find close to shore. There are also rumored reports of other "deep sea creatures" being found near or on the shores/beaches. Scientists are "speculating" that it may be related to "the greenhouse effect", aka the warming of the ocean waters where these critters live. Sounds like Al Gore preachin' don't it?:0)

Bison

Threads
3 moose in front of my house yesterday

Attachments

• 3 moose 004.jpg
    3 moose 004.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 23

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
3 moose in front of my house yesterday
No doubt a cow with two yearlings. Conditions must be favorable if the cows are dropping twins. Were they heading towards the pond? Or is it frozen already?
Have you seen any wolves about?

Bison

Threads
Yes is cow with 2 yearlings, prob heading for a drink at the river 300 yards that direction. They been hanging around the house for a week now.
I seen 2 wolves the other day on a nearby hay field hunting mice, lots of field mice around this summer.
I had a pack of seven right behind the house last winter when i woke up one morning,..seen a big linx there too,...camera was in the shop both times:rolleyes:
I really should buy and set up a critter cam there, there is so many diff tracks in winter it looks like a highway and the river is only 150 yards away.

sdsra

Threads
My critters

These are some of the critters in my back yard, one is a very rare albino ground hog, some wild turkey and deer and more squirrel and rabbits that I care to mention.

Attachments

• 100_0519.jpg
    100_0519.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_0550.jpg
    100_0550.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_0552.jpg
    100_0552.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_0556.jpg
    100_0556.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_0587.jpg
    100_0587.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 17

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I really should buy and set up a critter cam there, there is so many diff tracks in winter it looks like a highway and the river is only 150 yards away.
You can get a decent game cam for under 100$ last time I checked. Takes B/W pics at night without a flash. Made by Bushnell.
Or you can spend a lot more for more features and resolution, but I don't think you need it.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: My critters

These are some of the critters in my back yard, one is a very rare albino ground hog, some wild turkey and deer and more squirrel and rabbits that I care to mention.

I like that albino ground hog. I have had white squirrels here from time to time. They are pure white but not albino...something to do with a recessed gene. The eyes are not red.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads

I like that albino ground hog. I have had white squirrels here from time to time. They are pure white but not albino...something to do with a recessed gene. The eyes are not red.

yeah, there's other conditions called amelanistic and leucistic, etc.

I work with a snake breeder that understands all that stuff.

Bison

Threads

That white ground hog is nice :thumbsup:

sdsra

Threads
I'll trade him for one of your bison.