Poulan Pro

jacko

Threads
I am thinking about getting a second riding mower so my wife and I can mow together. She likes the Poulan Pro 46- Inch 22HP mower. I have heard that Poulan Pros are difficult to upkeep because it is hard to get parts. What do you think?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
What type of parts seem to be hard to get...
I'm not that familiar with that model but are there any parts that are exclusive to that particular mower? KennyV

Hoss

Threads
If you get parts straight from the dealer, I can't imagine them being hard to get. Poulan Pro is a pretty popular brand at any rate.

Bethieboo

Threads
I have one of their weed eaters and needed parts. I made and order and two seconds later remembered I needed something else. I called them and they said you can not cancel or change an order once it is made and I had to have a second order and had to pay a second shipping fee. In total I paid 17 in shipping for 20 dollars worth of parts.

jacko

Threads
That is what I head about them. That when you order parts they are not the most customer friendly people. I am big on good customer service and don't want to end up in the same situation that you did.

noodle

Threads
I am very surprised to hear this. I have never ordered from them before but still. You could have your local hardware store be the in between.

Bethieboo

Threads
Noodle you might be a genius. I did not think about just having the hardware store order the parts for me. I have been dreading the possibility of having to deal with them again. Thanks for the idea.

Tillie

Threads
You can always go to a local small engine repair shop. If they don't have the part, and they should it's a popular brand, they can order it as part of their service.

jacko

Threads
I had to call them today about a part and they were very helpful to me. I think maybe it just depends on the representative. If you call and get a song and dance just hang up and try someone else. Some people just do not do their jobs well, right or maybe they are new.

linda4

Threads
My husband has this same exact Poulan make and model mower and he has no trouble getting parts for it though it's so reliable he's only needed to have it serviced once in two years.