DIY Engine Repair

monica123

Threads
Does anyone know of any good links to how to DIY your own lawn mower repair. My husband refuses to pay someone to do it for him until he has completely exhausted trying it himself.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are a lot of good tips & tricks on youtube...
There is a nutty type guy from Canada, @ Davids Farm ... He is usually entertaining but very accurate on mower repair... funny to watch and follow. Definitely a 'free spirit' type guy :laughing:.

Lots of other good you tubes just put mower repair or lawn mower repair in the you tube search... KennyV

Ifixdit

Threads
I highly recommend subscribing to Donyboy73 on YouTube. He's also from Canada and a very down to earth guy with excellent how to videos and good Q & A segments every Friday. Good luck!

Manny

Threads
Well, it helps if he is somewhat mechanically inclined. I have gone and purchased parts occasionally, but when it came to putting it in, I had issues.

touree

Threads
I would have someone mechanically inclined repair it for a few days as I try to grasp every little detail. The DIY manual is not such a bad idea unless he is willing to refer the more complicated cases to an 'expert.'

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I highly recommend subscribing to Donyboy73 on YouTube. He's also from Canada and a very down to earth guy with excellent how to videos and good Q & A segments every Friday. Good luck!

very good find ... the guy has some good videos... I subscribed. Thanks for the tip.

I always like to see if someone is doing things a little different than I ... You can never have too many ways to do things. :smile:KennyV

Ifixdit

Threads
The titles are nice and all but I just hope by the time I get to be a Pharaoh I can repair my own stuff!

lizard

Threads
Does anyone know of any good links to how to DIY your own lawn mower repair. My husband refuses to pay someone to do it for him until he has completely exhausted trying it himself.

Maybe you could help your Husband with repairing the mower?
Many hands and brains help......maybe you could provide support with a drink and food.:confused2:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

Have you tried going to google or bing and typing in the make and model number of the mower?

If you don't have an owner's manual and a parts list/manual, those are often available for free download.

I checked out the youtube links -- they're pretty good as well.